Glock rear sight tool.

After weeks of trips to the range and scratching my head thinking WTF? I've come to the conclusion that three of my Glocks (17/34/30) sights are off.  The all three shoot to the left about 1-2" @ 15 yards very constantly.   I thought it was me until I took a Glock 22 with factory sights to the range along with 2 other pistols (Beretta 92fs, Desert Eagle Baby 9, and a Smith who's model I can't ever remember) and all of these pistols are pretty much dead on.   

What's different about these 3 Glocks is that they all came with Trijicon sights that I'm assuming were installed by the dealer and not Glock.  They all came from the same dealer and were all bought over a 3 month period.    

So I'm looking for a rear sight tool for a Glock but I don't know enough about the different ones available to know which is the better one to buy.  I just don't want to buy something that's junk so I'm not looking at just price. 

Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent Glock rear sight tool?

Edited by battleop
3 hours ago, battleop said:

After weeks of trips to the range and scratching my head thinking WTF? I've come to the conclusion that three of my Glocks (17/34/30) sights are off.  The all three shoot to the left about 1-2" @ 15 yards very constantly.   I thought it was me until I took a Glock 22 with factory sights to the range along with 2 other pistols (Beretta 92fs, Desert Eagle Baby 9, and a Smith who's model I can't ever remember) and all of these pistols are pretty much dead on.   

What's different about these 3 Glocks is that they all came with Trijicon sights that I'm assuming were installed by the dealer and not Glock.  They all came from the same dealer and were all bought over a 3 month period.    

So I'm looking for a rear sight tool for a Glock but I don't know enough about the different ones available to know which is the better one to buy.  I just don't want to buy something that's junk so I'm not looking at just price. 

Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent Glock rear sight tool?

Get an MGW from Brownells. That is what the instructor at the Glock factory in Smyrna advised me when I took the Glock Armorers course. Glock will replace the factory one as it breaks but they seem to be lighter built than the MGW.

• Like 1

Now do not laugh, tools needed to adjust or change Glock rear sights?

Small hammer, Brass punch, vice, piece of leather.

O, and the want and will to hammer on your pistol. We have 7 Glocks, I have done this before. No I will not hammer on yours.

It really is not that hard, the first one I did I knocked out the factory sights and hammered in Trijicon sights. After I lost my cherry the rest were easy.

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, Eray said:

Get an MGW from Brownells. That is what the instructor at the Glock factory in Smyrna advised me when I took the Glock Armorers course. Glock will replace the factory one as it breaks but they seem to be lighter built than the MGW.

Thanks I'll look that one up. 

Just an update.  I got the MGW tool from Midway on Monday (it got here a day early) so I went to the range and had my 17 and 34 dead on in about 10 minutes each.   I'm really happy with the build quality and ease of use.   I didn't take any 45 with me on that trip so I didn't get a chance to site it in but I don't expect any trouble with it.