The New Presidents Crime Plan

an excerpt from his "Urban Policy" agenda: I have highlighted the interesting points. Nothing surprising just from the horses mouth or the asses rear - which ever you prefer.:)

http://change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy_agenda/

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired Federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.
Edited by Smith
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do note how they completely "misrepresent" the Tiahrt Amendment.:)

from Wikipedia:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Tiahrt

Tiahrt is the author of the Tiahrt Amendment, which prohibits the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) from releasing information from its firearms trace database to anyone other than a law enforcement agency or prosecutor in connection with a criminal investigation. Additionally, any data so released is inadmissible in a civil lawsuit.[5] Some groups, including the Mayors Against Illegal Guns Coalition, believe that having further access to the BATFE database would help municipal police departments track down sellers of illegal guns and curb crime. These groups are trying to undo the Tiahrt Amendment.[6]

There is no need to repeal the Tiahrt Amendment. Local law enforcement can presently get gun trace information they need from the ATF when a firearm is used in a crime. We don't need private investigators using gun trace information to give gun dealers problems or NYPD snooping around on South Carolina gun shops.

Childproof guns? There is no such thing as a childproof gun unless it doesn't go 'bang'. I assume that is the true goal of Barack Hussein Obama and Joe the Biden. Then guns are nothing but expensive paperweights.

Gunshow 'loophole'? What loophole is there? Private sellers can generally sell firearms to private buyers anywhere, as long as they comply with federal and state laws. Why does it matter whether i buy a used firearm out of the newspaper or from Joe Public at a gun show who might want to trade?

All of this is simple stupidity that accomplishes nothing. I never see these politicians talking about HARD TIME, like chain gangs and prison farms, for violent convicted felons. Hey they need to get their voting rights back so they can vote for people like Barack Hussein Obama! BHO is more concerned about the violent felons' rights than my rights. He was a so called civil rights lawyer (aka trouble maker) and community organizer (loafer) while he was an Illinois legislator.

Guest benchpresspower

What/when/why/where and HOW is there a gunshow loophole? This boggles my mind. I'm guessing they call it a loophole for a private transfer because the government can't collect any tax dollars right?

Guest jackdog

If Obama wants to put fourth a crime plan. Then on his first day in office he should authorize the justice department to investigate every SOB on Wall street and any and all federal congressmen who received large sums of money from these crooks. Hey Obama heres a hint look closely into barry frank cris Dodd and schumer for starters. Show Americans that there really is a rulre of law as per the US constitution. Failing that every American should stand up armed and force the federal government out on the asses.

If Obama wants to put fourth a crime plan. Then on his first day in office he should authorize the justice department to investigate every SOB on Wall street and any and all federal congressmen who received large sums of money from these crooks. Hey Obama heres a hint look closely into barry frank cris Dodd and schumer for starters. Show Americans that there really is a rulre of law as per the US constitution. Failing that every American should stand up armed and force the federal government out on the asses.

You really think the government who has run a Ponzi scheme that makes Madoff look like a beginner is going to start applying law to themselves? The law for government is a way to control opposition and not a tool to limit themselves.:devil:

Guest nraforlife
What/when/why/where and HOW is there a gunshow loophole? This boggles my mind. I'm guessing they call it a loophole for a private transfer because the government can't collect any tax dollars right?

Not taxes but to KNOW where the gun(s) went! Can't seize if they don't know where to go and want to look for.

Guest truthsayer

Loophole (n): an ambiguity (especially one in the text of a law or contract) that makes it possible to evade a difficulty or obligation.

The government and our unfortunately elected officials tell us all that we need to know by the wording they use. They see the private and unregulated transfer of firearms as a way for people to more easily (i.e., evade difficulty in) acquire weapons without subjecting themselves to a background check and possible registration. More importantly, the do not see it as a right, but as a mistake made by the original legislators who penned the laws in the first place.

As for the Tiahart Amendment, I think people overestimate the protection it provides us. For a LE agency to access the gun trace information from the BATFE, they only have to prove that the information is necessary in the investigation of a crime. The possibility that the definition of "crime" will be changed by the new administration seems likely.

Childproofing guns has always been the easiest way for liberal politicains to placate GFWs while, in effect, only making the guns less reliable and affordable.

Edited by truthsayer
*GFWs=Gun Fearing Wussies
Guest jackdog

NSNATE02

You really think the government who has run a Ponzi scheme that makes Madoff look like a beginner is going to start applying law to themselves? The law for government is a way to control opposition and not a tool to limit themselves.:ugh:

Of Course I don't. But this is the arsehole who promised real change right.

The only way it will change is via a revolution by us the true believers in the constitution. But that won't happen because their are far to many around who speak of a good fight but will stand idle or hide when the time comes. YES I think the time will come and it will be soon. Like all other ponzi schemes this one will go down just like our economy is.

It is a matter of control. The robber barons want control of ever facet of your life. Then they tax it....more control. When will we stand together and vote the MF's out of office? Our only method of control.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

-- C.S. Lewis