I was pulled over a little while ago

Guest dpeneguy

Guest dpeneguy

I had my gun on me at the time , I hand the LEO my permit and he did not even ask where my pistol was . I remembered a post from the forums wondering if it was tied to your D/L so I asked him . He said yes and that it shows up on the computer when he runs my D/L it has a line that says Active / revoked / suspended / expired

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest grayfox

If you take your new tag to court, you will make out ok. May have to pay court cost, but its not a criminnal charge, its an infraction. Shouldn't bother your insurance....

Guest EasilyObsessed

Last time I got pulled over I got asked for my carry permit.......

Of course, my roommate and I were on the way to the range and had 2 assault rifles, one hunting rifle, two shotguns, and four handguns in the back of the wagon not to mention I had my shoulder holster on. :D

We definitely had a gun pulled on us, but after showing the permit he was quite cordial and chatted with us for a few minutes about skeet and target shooting, and then didnt give us a ticket :rofl: +1 for the TN highway patrol.

edit: We got pulled over for expired tags as well, I had thrown the new plate in the back window when I renewed the tags and forgot to actually mount the plate on the back of the car.

Guest TNDixieGirl

If you'll look at them both, your permit # is the same as your drivers license # so they're definitely connected. :D

Guest blake0042

Yeah getting pulled over with assault weapons in the back seat can be quite amusing. But i agree with my roommate, the officer never got overly excited, he just had some very straight forward instructions for the next few minutes. Overall it just became a good story to tell. Funnier part was he was getting off the same exit to help with a DUI...It was a little after 10 AM...

• 4 weeks later...

I had a rookie Dickson PD officer give me the felon treatment the other day. Got very pissy with me because I didn't tell her I was carrying. Her FTO was much more cool about it, but was incorrect in telling me that I was required to tell an officer I am carrying. Once I corrected him on TN code 39-17-1351 he was cool and returned my firearm, which really pissed off his rookie.

I have tried to contact the Director of Public Safety in Dickson, but he is on vacation. My e-mail will be waiting in his in-box.

Before I get flamed by some of you LEO's out there, I have great respect for what you guys do, but my permit is NOT a license to be treated like a felon. In the situation mentioned above, I was at my sons apartment and WE called dispatch to file a harassment complaint. The only conflict on the scene was created by a freaked out rookie that appeared to be very nervous as soon as she stepped out of the cruiser. The senior officer told me that some of the younger officers are pretty "amped" and they would likely do the felon take down if they are not advised of my carry status. Sounds like a simple question of "are you carrying a weapon" would be in order if they are concerned.

Guest db99wj

Forgot about this post, Went to court, waited an hour in line, walked up to the clerk, she wrote dismissed, no fine, no court costs, didn't even get asked what I wanted to plead. It was 45 in a 40.