Jack Reacher

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 6:09 PM, Oh Shoot said:

I always chip in to suggest that you need to separate the art from the artist, or you'll miss a lot of enjoyable stuff in life.

And yes, that includes Jane Fonda. :)

- OS

Bight your tongue, that B will not blot a spot on my TV let alone go see anything with her in it.  There is a difference between being anti-gun or anti-war and actively working against them.  As soon as she set foot in VN territory she was dead to me, and her "get over it" attitude hasn't helped her any. 

2 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

The studio already paid him, whether you see it or not.  But the theater, the people that work at the theater, the distributors for films, all of those people haven't been paid yet.  So maybe you could throw them a bone.  

If enough people stop going to see certain actor's movies, the studios stop making movies with them in it.  The rest of the trickle down people still get paid off of other movies, popcorn and such.  I personally have stopped going to many movies, not so much because of the actors but because of hollywood's insistence of forcing social issues.  I can't remember a recent movie, or cartoon for that matter, where one of the characters wasn't gay, transgender, or in an interracial relationship.  I know these things exist in society, but don't need it shoved into every movie.  I don't care when it adds something to the storyline,  but when its just a gratuitous placement it just takes away from the movie as a whole to me.

Oh, yea..forgot to add.  just being fat is not funny.  I don't know what it is about Hollywood, but they seem to think just being fat is a formula for a good comedy.  Personally I can't stand movies or shows with Melissa McCarthy, while she throws a good line now and then, she just doesn't do it for me as an actress.  And before anyone says it, I myself am overweight so its not a dislike for fat people,  but some such as Kevin James have overplayed their roles.

Edited by Omega
Add info
  • Like 1

I bet there is only maybe one or two people here besides me that might know what was planned on the day Jane Fonda was giving here little speech in Hanoi Square.  The United States Air Force made plans to do a bombing run on Hanoi Square in hopes of killing her. On the day of the mission they learned that she was going to be with our POW's and not in the Square as thought so they had to alter the mission. It was still done but they hit Hanoi Square and during the bombing an old lady gave Jane Fonda her place in a bomb shelter to protect her. I think it was made public about the bombing of Hanoi but was never made public that Hanoi Jane was the target................Sorry they missed.........................:mad:

Residual checks. The last movie I saw was Jersey Boys. The insight that if people stop seeing movies with those actors we don't share certain views with they will not employ them any more may be too little too late to some, but it sure makes me feel better.

Edited by ken56
12 hours ago, Omega said:

Bight your tongue, that B will not blot a spot on my TV let alone go see anything with her in it.  There is a difference between being anti-gun or anti-war and actively working against them.  As soon as she set foot in VN territory she was dead to me, and her "get over it" attitude hasn't helped her any.

Just watched The China Syndrome again tonight, hadn't seen it in years. Good damn flick regardless of who's in it. That's what I mean about separating the art from the artist.

Eight or ten others of hers are also just excellent, and hey anybody who's never seen Cat Ballou alone has really missed something, eh?

- OS

47 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

Just watched The China Syndrome again tonight, hadn't seen it in years. Good damn flick regardless of who's in it. That's what I mean about separating the art from the artist.

Eight or ten others of hers are also just excellent, and hey anybody who's never seen Cat Ballou alone has really missed something, eh?

- OS

Haven't seen them, don't feel I missed a thing.  

2 hours ago, ken56 said:

Residual checks. The last movie I saw was Jersey Boys. The insight that if people stop seeing movies with those actors we don't share certain views with they will not employ them any more may be too little too late to some, but it sure makes me feel better.

Yea, sometimes you have to take the small wins.