First time Ive ever felt unsafe.

Guest eyebedam

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least you were packing.

Just think how uneasy you would have been if you had left your gun at home that day.

I have ran out of the house before and forgot my carry gun. It is a weird feeling being somewhere, and noticing something just isn't right, and reaching back just to make sure you gun in in the proper position, and feeling no gun!:rofl:

I now make sure I have it.....I also keep one in the truck.:D

OMG LOL....and I thought East Town mall was bad...wait it still is...but that hickoryharlem sight is helarious! The last few times I went to Opry Mills I didnt think it was all that bad, but it was probably about 4months ago and not near Christmas so maybe the holidays bring a different crowd. I carry everywhere also.

Haha, I went to East Town once when I lived in K-town...ONCE!

Opry Mills can be hit or miss. I've had mixed experiences there. The Friday night crowd sucks... why can't they have cool mallrats like Jay & Silent Bob?

Guest benchpresspower

Opry Mills is getting to be just as bad. I've started avoiding malls like the plague, especially since alot of them are becoming or have become "GUN FREE/FREE VICTIMS and SITTING DUCK ZONES"

Maybe we should shop in packs?

Yes!! And we'll wear something to identify ourselves as a group, like maybe same colored bandannas or something!!!!

:lol:

Don't forget the Nascar coats and flat-billed hats too!

Yes!! And we'll wear something to identify ourselves as a group, like maybe same colored bandannas or something!!!!

:lol:

Don't forget the Nascar coats and flat-billed hats too!

We could all get a badge or something......:lol:

Guest Phantom6
I wonder how many firearms are in that store at any given time. I would venture to say that HCP holders would find themselves in a minority. Maybe we should shop in packs?

Dude, any time ya want to run out to the mall just give me a call.

knoxville_center.jpg

I just dont get the Nascar jackets thing...

Offtopic:I recently did some "research" on it ( I got half drunk and started Googling stuff), and it turns out they are popular just because of their flashy colors. People of all colors from the hood are attracted to shiny flashy things, just like little puppies, and bass. Also, some coats are gang related, the M&M coat has something to do with a certain gang. When I see people wearing them, I'll now ask a general question about their chosen driver. I get some interesting looks :screwy:

On topic: I would feel better with a Swat team with me while I sit next to an unprotected cash register and safe near three exit doors at the Rivergate mall, but I'd want my own shield and AR !!

Offtopic:I recently did some "research" on it ( I got half drunk and started Googling stuff), and it turns out they are popular just because of their flashy colors. People of all colors from the hood are attracted to shiny flashy things, just like little puppies, and bass. Also, some coats are gang related, the M&M coat has something to do with a certain gang. When I see people wearing them, I'll now ask a general question about their chosen driver. I get some interesting looks :screwy:

On topic: I would feel better with a Swat team with me while I sit next to an unprotected cash register and safe near three exit doors at the Rivergate mall, but I'd want my own shield and AR !!

Haha, yeah I figured it had to do w/ the bright colors and large writing on them :rofl:

Probably also popular because they are fairly expensive... In the hood, ANYTHING expensive is regarded as "tight", no matter how irrelevant it may be. Case in point:

Thug A: "You see T's new X-Ray machine?"

Thug B: "Nah! Is it tight?!"

Thug A: "Yeah playa, but not as tight as the CAT Scan machine I'm about to get..."

Guest cdsusong

Hey eyebedam, my nephew is currently going to school at Lipscomb and the first thing they told them was to stay away from Rivergate. I told him of the Hickory issue as well and he said he will only go to Opry Mills. Thanks for the heads up. His mom and dad thank you as well.

I just dont get the Nascar jackets thing...

What I don't get about the NASCAR jacket thing is that Jeff Gordon seems to very popular in the hood.:D I mean I like Gordon and all but he's like the whitest, furthest from the hood NASCAR driver there is.:D

and I bet brother's in the hood wouldn't take too fondly of being called Rainbow Warriors!:P

Guest eyebedam
isnt HH mall posted? I havent been but someone told me they were?

It is at the food court entrances & a few mall entrances but it isn't at sears or macys doors for sure.

Chris Rock said it best....."There's the mall the white people go to and then there's the mall where the white people used to go to."

Tell me (since I haven't been in HH for over 10 yrs), do they specialize in women's shoes, baby clothes, book liquidation, and discount jewelry, now?:up:

That's what 100 Oaks had before this last remodel. I don't even think it will qualify as a mall when it get reopened this time.;)