Companies trying to take advantage of fearful gun owners

54 minutes ago, SWJewellTN said:

What does some whack-o freak and a rock singer have to do with anything? :shrug:

Listen to what he says in the video, especially towards the end.  If you watch the first part, ( I started it about 2 minutes in ) he actually discusses exactly what you said there about him.

8 minutes ago, bud said:

Specifically, politicians and the media and companies ginning up fear to drive consumerism. 

Yep and the fact that this was from 14 years ago and he is talking about the clinton scandals, and then into how they use fear to drive the market.  You couldn't find a better analysis.

10 minutes ago, Sam1 said:

Listen to what he says in the video, especially towards the end.  If you watch the first part, ( I started it about 2 minutes in ) he actually discusses exactly what you said there about him.

Umm, I was talking about Michael Moore. He's the whack-o freak. :)

EDIT: There was sarcasm in the first post. Michael Moore is like Hillary in that you know he's lying cuz his lips are moving.

Edited by SWJewellTN
  • Like 1
38 minutes ago, SWJewellTN said:

Umm, I was talking about Michael Moore. He's the whack-o freak. :)

EDIT: There was sarcasm in the first post. Michael Moore is like Hillary in that you know he's lying cuz his lips are moving.

Yeah he's a slobby piece of ####.  Marilyn Manson presents a great perspective on consumerism in that clip (yes it is a clip not a magazine).

Edited by Sam1

Marketing 101:  People buy tangible goods or services based on their wants or emotions, and then they justify their purchase.  Brownells is not making a false claim or implication.  If  or when Hillary is elected things could get uglier than they already are for those of us that exercise or second amendment rights.  We the people in this community, are more in tune to all things firearm related  and get emotional about our ability to buy firearms and related items in the future.  We still have a free market in this country, so just like anything else if you disagree with Brownells methods I'm sure there are other sources for the same widget.  Which brings me to the Marilyn Manson clip.  Manson and Lady Gaga are nothing more entrepreneurs / artist that have capitalized on the shock rock.  I think it started with Alice Cooper, he saw the business side of it and ran with it.  Piss off or irritate the older crowd and parents, play to their emotions and the younger generation will love it and pay money for it.  Just marketing!

• Like 1