CAA(Command Arms) Stock and Grip Review

First lets start with the grip. The one word that describes this is incredible. I know you are thinking it is just another grip but shame on you. READ and learn. The original AR grip doesn't seem to fit anyones hands, for me my finger could wrap around the trigger and I don't even have "big" hands. With the CAA UPG16 the tip of my trigger finger lays confidently on the trigger. There are 3 back and 3 front grip inserts that are held in place by pins at the bottom. the back insert changes the distance away from the trigger ie. thicker = farther away. The front inserts don't vary in thickness very much but the finger grooves get more pronounced. installation was very simple the grip fits very snug on the lower when i installed mine i took the safety detent spring out of the grip, slid the grip on about halfway and then put the spring in just before i pushed the grip all the way on. The grip has storage inside I would trust the plug in an explosion, it is super secure, yet easy enought to get out. I would recommend this grip to anyone, it is available in black, tan and green.

Heres a couple of pics

l_adb5f5a4a0e64a4d987301bb42981ffb.jpg

front inserts

l_19d8d7e4c1fb4962aa90f1c565293475.jpg

rear inserts

l_9adb0b1954db418787957e6ea6a57db3.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now for the stock.

The CAA CBS(Collapsable ButtStock) is a great piece of furniture for any AR. It is designed to be a 6 position stock when used with CAA tube assembly which can be ordered with the stock as CBST but from my understanding can be used with the mil-spec or other commercials tube assemblies. Features include water proof storage for 4 CR123 batteries, and a picitinny rail for mounting either the Adjustable cheek piece or mag holder from CAA. The panels are interchangeable as best shown on CAA website www.commandarms.com . The holes in the stock are for mounting CAA quick detach sling swivels. Installation was easy considering I have never changed a stock on an AR. The CBST comes with a new spring and buffer everything was simple and straight forward. With the stock on my AR felt like a completely different gun but definitly in a good way. The rifle felt more balanced and the adjustment is very sturdy. The stock doesn't rattle or have any slack at all. With the stock fully extended it was about 2" longer than my original A2 stock. All in all a great addition to my AR. Just wanted a give you guys a no BS review

heres some pics

fully collapsed

l_51e53673eb28404d9470f96491ccf916.jpg

fully extended

l_993152251362482fbcff1d6799ae8c81.jpg

compared to A2 stock

l_88d39a201bd740f6a14345fae28f1b48.jpg

Good review. I just... dont understand collapsible stocks on 20 inch rifles... Maybe its just me. I really like my CAA stuff. The grip with the adjustable straps is a god send.

• Administrator

The butt-stock is available for either commercial OR milspec tubes. Stocks made for commercial tubes wobble on milspec tubes. Stocks made for milspec tubes won't fit onto a commercial tube.

The proper part #s are as follows:

Commercial: #CBS

Milspec: #CBSM

Reference http://www.magpul.com/pdfs/technotes/ctr/buffertubeid.pdf for the reasons why this is. Pictures are worth a thousand words.

• Administrator
Good review. I just... dont understand collapsible stocks on 20 inch rifles...

The reason for an adjustable stock is to tweak the "length of pull" to the shooter. Especially when body armor or other accessories are introduced into the mix.

Good review. I just... dont understand collapsible stocks on 20 inch rifles... Maybe its just me. I really like my CAA stuff. The grip with the adjustable straps is a god send.

my stepdad said the same thing but right now thats what i have is a rifle length upper i plan on getting a short flat top one l8r even thought i think it looks just fine. IMO any adjustment you can gain is a bonus especially when its at sturdy as this stock.

Tungston great answer i didn't think of that my self but as it gets colder and you layer on clothes how many of your guns just don't shoulder as smoothly as they did at home it makes sense

Edited by tennessee01tacoma