I caught him!!!

ShaunM

We have had a mouse in our townhouse for the past week, well my daughter who is 4 has seen him and she made me promise not to kill it. Well I told her I wasn't going to kill it that I would try and catch it. Here is the funny part, I took an empty cracker box and the cardboard roll out of a paper towel roll and taped it together. I used tape and rigged it up so that he would go into the tube and into the box and eat the bait (Tostitos). I was sitting here watching TV and I heard my box moving I got up and to my surprise I had caught the little **** in my home made redneck trap. Well like the sucker I am I kept my promise took it to a field near my house and let it go. If the mouse decides to come back their will be no promises and it will have to die!!!!!!!!!!!.

DSCF1729.jpg

DSCF1730.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to improvise like this one time. We found a mouse in the house and we had no traps, and it was too late to go to the store. I couldn't stand the thought of going to sleep with him running around, so I found a large 5 gallon bucket, covered the top with a towel and put some cheese and peanut butter on top of the towel. The towel could hold the cheese, but the weight of the mouse was too much and he fell into the bucket.

Of course, I had made no such promises to my family, so I filled the bucket with about 6 inches of water. Woke up in the morning to find a dead, wet mouse.

Well as far as killing it, I made a promise to my daughter and I don't like to go back on my word thats just the way I am. Next time he will have die. I tried to take a picture of him but he kept jumping around and I was not going to open the box in the house. Oh I had it behind my christmas tree ON THE FLOOR Strick :D (Mighty mouse that was funny)

So I assume the tube sits a few inches above the bottom of the box?

Yeah I only put it out when I stay up, because he can get out if left alone. To be honest I never thought I would catch him. I put it where I always seen him running while watching TV. I heard the box moving and ran over there and pinched the top so he couldn't get out. I guess I was lucky.