GLOCK 27 in front pocket

By the way, I have been experimenting with carrying my new (old but new to me) GLOCK 27 in my front pocket, and have found that it really works well with the Kel-Tec P3AT gun rug as a holster. (I'm carrying with an empty chamber for safety's sake, and because my grandchildren are visiting and likely to stick their hands in my pockets - who knows?) It prints square instead of like a gun, it seems well supported, and the draw ain't half bad. I carried it all over WalMart and an un-named mall today. It works!

http://www.mouseguns.com/g27inrug.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest VolGrad

I carried a G26 a few times in my front pocket in a DeSantis Nemesis. It was just too heavy for my taste and printed badly. I will pocket carry a J-frame but probably won't try another semi-auto. Glad it is working out for you. I suppose any gun is better than no gun but I personally don't carry with an empty chamber. To each his own.

By the way, I have been experimenting with carrying my new (old but new to me) GLOCK 27 in my front pocket, and have found that it really works well with the Kel-Tec P3AT gun rug as a holster. (I'm carrying with an empty chamber for safety's sake, and because my grandchildren are visiting and likely to stick their hands in my pockets - who knows?) It prints square instead of like a gun, it seems well supported, and the draw ain't half bad. I carried it all over WalMart and an un-named mall today. It works!

http://www.mouseguns.com/g27inrug.jpg

Drawing that Glock 27 out of one of these things, and from the front pocket of most commercial pants, certainly will be problematic as a first resort defense weapon, if that is what you're going for here.

My opinion is that those who have difficulty drawing the GLOCK27 from their front pants pocket probably have hands that are larger than mine, and when they grip the GLOCK, their fist gets too large to come up out of the pocket. But I have small hands, and it works for me, in my khakis.

My Aholster just came in the mail today and it works flawlessly. There's some printing from the size of the gun, but because the outside of the holster is slightly rounded, it doesn't look like a gun, but rather a cellphone or wallet. It's very easy for me (even with my huge hands) to grab it and pull it out quickly, and the tabs catch on the pocket keeping the holster in the pocket.

I like it a lot.

Aholster_1.JPG

Aholster_2.JPG

Guest 423aaron
My Aholster just came in the mail today and it works flawlessly. There's some printing from the size of the gun, but because the outside of the holster is slightly rounded, it doesn't look like a gun, but rather a cellphone or wallet. It's very easy for me (even with my huge hands) to grab it and pull it out quickly, and the tabs catch on the pocket keeping the holster in the pocket.

I like it a lot.

Aholster_1.JPG

Aholster_2.JPG

Guys, Notice that Allen and AHolster is located in Greeneville TN. He does good work I have been carrying in one of his IWB holsters for over 3 years (Glock 19). I love it. I also have one of his pocket holsters for a Keltec p3at as shown above. I also love it. I use his gear as demos in my classes.

Anyway I can't recommend his work enough and this way we can keep our money in TN.B)

Aaron

OK, the darling grandkids are gone (and I really love them a lot!), and I'm carrying with one in the chamber, now. No more little hands prying into my pockets! And the G27 in the front pocket still seems to work great for me. This is going to be my weekday carry, and back to the p3at for Sundays. GLOCKS are so dependable and accurate, I'm really happy this worked out.