Gatlinburg area Gunshops?

Fadex

I will be in the Gatlinburg area for several days at the end of the year with my lovely fiancee. While I value our time together, there is only so much Vera Bradley, novelty T-Shirts, and other such items I can....well you get the idea.

Are the any good gun shops in the area? I found a Bass Pro and that was about it other that a few pawn shops. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. :)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.sevierindoorrange.com/ in Sevierville.

Nice folks, and decent range facility.

On your way into Pigeon Forge, there's a place called Golf and Guns (or maybe Guns and Golf) but, uhhh.............:)

Really? I used to deliver that area, never heard of it. What's the story, why are you hiding?

Not really a particularly great area for gun deals, but...besides Sevier Indoor (read lots of good stuff re them, never been there) there's J. Floyd's, also in Sevierville, only other sizeable one I know of - although there are a couple of pawn shops out W.Main/Dolly Parton Pky in S'ville that used to have a few, typically overpriced, though - Bass Pro out on the interstate, that one sell hand guns or just long guns? Never priced guns at Floyd's, had some good prices on golf stuff at times, though, so maybe worth a look.

edit: wait, there's Tom' Pawn on left on Winfield Dunn before you get to Sevierville coming from the Interstate....small place, lots of LEO's frequent that, and he generally has some fire irons.

I don't know of any gun stores at all in Pigeon Forge.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
add'l info
Guest fan of the 1911

It has been a couple of years since I had been down that far in Gatlinburg they used to have a Smith and Wesson store next to a few shoe stores. On the way a J Floid has some guns you have to go through the golf department to get there. and If you are coming through Knoxville near the Turkey Creek shopping center theres a Gander mtn. right off of 40 also on the way Frontier Firearms and Coal Creek. Not in Gatlinburg but close hit one or two on the way and some on the way back.

Like they've said, Sevier County is kind of bleak for gun people.

If you don't mind a short drive Coal Creek Armory is right off of I-40/75 in West Knoxville.

Hit it on your way in or out, or make the drive to clear your head of funnel cakes and Dukes of Hazzard shirts!

Like they've said, Sevier County is kind of bleak for gun people.

If you don't mind a short drive Coal Creek Armory is right off of I-40/75 in West Knoxville.

Hit it on your way in or out, or make the drive to clear your head of funnel cakes and Dukes of Hazzard shirts!

hahaha....so true. I have NEVER been to knife works (just not a blade kinda guy) but I hear good things. J Floyds is really overpriced on some things (though still no Gander Mtn) and kind of like Dicks will have a couple "bargains" that they probably just dont know they have. Its worth a look if your in the area...course there is also a Bass Pro up the road. Sometimes I have an interesting collection of firearms at the car lot but not at the moment :D

Guest pjblurton

I worked at the Kinfe Works while I was in College. Theres a lot of mounts that are neat to see but they have turned pretty trourist trappish...

No Dukes of Hazzard T-Shirts however.:D

+ 1 on Sevier Indoor. They have taken my money several times. Nice,clean, modern range. I haven't been able to afford anything at J Floyds, but they usually have a lot to look at while my wife hits the clothes store next door.

I think J floyds has some good deals on some Items you just have to find them

Sevier Indoor range has a very nice range, Ive been a member for about a year now I try to shoot 2-3 times a month

• 4 weeks later...
Guest RugerFan7

While me and my wife were leaving Gatlinburg on our way home from our honeymoon a store with a giant golf ball sign on it saying "Golf and Guns" caught my eye. We almost didn't go, but I decided to turn around and check it out. I had to it was 2 of my favorite sports tied into one store. So we looked around and everything seemed a little overpriced. However we did find a great deal on a used Glock 22 3rd Gen with night sights. It was 399, that is the cheapest I have ever seen a used Glock. It was a tad out of the budget I had for a gun, but my wife decided to by it for me for my birthday. Anyways I'll be stopping there every time I go to gatlinburg. Maybe it will become a yearly thing to buy a gun from there every time we go up for our anniversary, that would be nice lol.

While me and my wife were leaving Gatlinburg on our way home from our honeymoon a store with a giant golf ball sign on it saying "Golf and Guns" caught my eye. We almost didn't go, but I decided to turn around and check it out. I had to it was 2 of my favorite sports tied into one store. So we looked around and everything seemed a little overpriced. However we did find a great deal on a used Glock 22 3rd Gen with night sights. It was 399, that is the cheapest I have ever seen a used Glock. It was a tad out of the budget I had for a gun, but my wife decided to by it for me for my birthday. Anyways I'll be stopping there every time I go to gatlinburg. Maybe it will become a yearly thing to buy a gun from there every time we go up for our anniversary, that would be nice lol.

Nice find! That would be J Floyds. Im glad you had a good time up here. A gun per anniversary would be a good tradition :up: