Any word on the Magpul MBUS?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Verbal Kint
hmm, interesting. I'm assuming durability isn't an issue but that is the first thing that came to my mind in such a small piece of plastic.

Made out of the same wonder-polymer that their PMAG magazines are, if that's any testament to their durability. Concept has been around for awhile, and they've been in no hurry to release them until they're absolutely perfect (as they've done/do with all their products). This is why they never do ETA's or projected dates. It's simply ready when it's ready, and not until then.

You can probably rest assured that they'll be very durable. And the price is set to be very well received as well. I think the last quote I saw, from a Magpul rep over on M4C, was around $120-140. For a set. So you're getting both front and rear back up sights, for the same cost as one Troy (or similar) BUIS.

That was my first thought, too. Ob the other hand, Magpul generally doesn't allow less than par products out of their factory. From my experiences anyway.
Made out of the same wonder-polymer that their PMAG magazines are, if that's any testament to their durability. Concept has been around for awhile, and they've been in no hurry to release them until they're absolutely perfect (as they've done/do with all their products). This is why they never do ETA's or projected dates. It's simply ready when it's ready, and not until then.

You can probably rest assured that they'll be very durable. And the price is set to be very well received as well. I think the last quote I saw, from a Magpul rep over on M4C, was around $140. For a set. So you're getting both front and rear back up sights, for the same cost as one Troy (or similar) BUIS.

Coming from anyone else but Magpul I would be skeptical. I will be anxious to see them in person.

Guest Verbal Kint
some pics I found

Yep, your first two photos (also contained in the link that TDR posted above) of the MBUS on the rifle are the latest photos, and reflect what you'll see when they're released. The other Stickman photos, and the catalog photos you posted, are the first run / prototype design. You can see obvious visual differences between the two, but I'm not sure what else was changed.

I'm looking forward to their release as well. Not sure if I'll stick a set on my rifle, as I have some lower profile BUIS slated, but it will be nice to have the option. And with the pricing they're stating, it will be a good move for the BUIS market.

Guest 2000Z3M

you can get them here, but look to spend about 350 or so

http://www.kriss-tdi.com/kriss-store/part-kits.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl1&product_id=25&category_id=6

Original KRISS equipment. Custom flip-up/lock-down operation. Pistol sights down/rifle up with fully-adjustable windage and elevation. Co-witnesses with red-dot sights. Not recommended for other firearms.

These are made by Magpul.

Guest Verbal Kint

Those are not the same thing. Those are totally different.

Yes, Magpul developed the sights for the KRISS weapon platform... but they are not the same thing as the MBUS that Magpul will be releasing soon.

Guest Verbal Kint
I'm waiting out a set of these for my middy...

When you're buying a set, keep an eye out for Chinese knock-offs. The knock-offs have actually beat the real product to the street... I'm starting to loathe airsoft...

Join the club. :)

I only buy components from a handful of trusted vendors, where I know I'm getting good prices and quality products. Have 5-6 vendors bookmarked that always get my money. Very rarely do they not have what I need, and I need to source it elsewhere.

Thanks for the info, guys.

I really need/want a set of BUIS, but I think I'm gonna try my best to wait for these.

Based on the pictures in this thread, they look to be slightly more "bulky" that I'd like, but it's somewhat difficult to tell in the pictures.

I'm still leaning towards the Troy BUIS, for double the price.

Guest Verbal Kint

Based on the pictures in this thread, they look to be slightly more "bulky" that I'd like, but it's somewhat difficult to tell in the pictures.

Yep, that's my only reservation as well... since this SPR/DMR'ish build will be running glass up top. Want something very low profile, and these do seem kinda bulky or tall when folded down. Then again, the Troys seem tall as well.

I'm not looking at either, honestly.

Join the club. :)

I only buy components from a handful of trusted vendors, where I know I'm getting good prices and quality products. Have 5-6 vendors bookmarked that always get my money. Very rarely do they not have what I need, and I need to source it elsewhere.

I've found this out the hard way as well. Who do you use, if you don't mind me asking?

Mostly I've bought from Del-ton, BravoCo, and GTS.

Guest Verbal Kint
I've found this out the hard way as well. Who do you use, if you don't mind me asking?

Mostly I've bought from Del-ton, BravoCo, and GTS.

Used all of them with very good results also.

My primarily used vendors are:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/

http://global-tactical.com/

http://www.rainierarms.com/

http://www.gandrtactical.com/

Used all of the above, several times each, and had nothing but awesome results with all of them. They're, all, also highly regarded on M4C by tons of people... so it's not just my opinion. It's shared my many.

Then I have a few other assorted sites, that came recommended from M4C but I haven't had the opportunity to try out yet.

Guest Verbal Kint
Yeah, like when he can trade his full auto even for a semi!:D

Yes, because your idea would be rational in any situation in the coming future. :D

Was speaking of picking one up (in addition to), not trading a F/A rifle for one. Please turn in your benefactor logo at the door, and promptly go over to that other east side message forum. :P