How to easily see both unread and read content on TGO

Many of us from the home page of TGO click on the unread tab at the top right of the home page.  

This goes to a view showing unread content.  

Suppose that you just read something and want to go back to it?  This can be frustrating.

Well the good news is that the new site is better than the old site for finding and viewing info, though things work a little differently.

Here are the steps to address this:

1. From the home screen, click on ‘Unread Content’ to the right side of the home page.
  2. The next screen has several tabs across the top.  These are awesome as they allow you to slice and dice data most any way your want.
  3. Next, click the little down arrow on the ‘Read Status’ tab
  4. Click on ‘Everything’ from the drop down menu.
  5. Look to the right of the screen right below the line of tabs.  You just changed the view on the ‘Unread Status’ in this line of tabs.
  6. Click on the button to ‘Save As New Stream’, which is below the line of tabs I just described.
  7. When you click on ‘Save As New Stream’ a little window will open.  Click in the box that says, ‘Unread Content’  erase “Unread Content’ and name the new Stream.  I named mine ‘Everything”
  8. Click on “Create Stream”

From now on, you will navigate TGO differently.  You will no long click on ‘Unread Content’ to the right of the home screen next to ‘Mark site read’

You will now navigate as follows:

1. Go to the TGO home screen
  2. Click on ‘Activity’ to the right of the picture of the house.
  3. A drop down menu will appear.  Click on “My Activity Streams”
  4. Your new Activity Stream will be at the bottom of the list.  Mine says ‘Everything’, which is the name I gave it.  
  5. You have multiple choices under “My Activity Streams”, including Unread.  
  6. Navigate from here moving forward.

Post a note or send me a PM if you run into trouble and I’ll help out.   Type written instructions like this can be hard to follow.  Also, post a not if there are other things you haven't been able to figure out.

• Like 1

Same thing with me.  I had also been frustrated at going back to content I had already ready.

I got a s far as saving a new stream, but couldn't find where I saved it too.

I'm glad you all brought this up because I looked until I found it.

Isn't that custom stream the exact same thing as the "All Activity" already available under the "Activity" button?

ETA: Nevermind....No it is not.

The built-in All Activity shows every post, not just each thread. The Pete123 method shows each thread in order of its most recent activity which is better IMO. :up:

Edited by monkeylizard