Picked up an M1 Carbine

Guest Loaded247

Guest Loaded247

....but first, something interesting to go with it. A couple of years ago, I found a case of old rifle solvent, marked 'Cleaner-Rifle Bore'...made by the Curran Corporation. I looked up the info, and found that it was classified as a Military Collectible, and was worth $12 a can. When I first saw it, I remarked to a friend 'This stuff has Omaha Beach written all over it!" Well, I researched it, and found that this particular lot was made in March of 1944!!! (Let me clarify, I'm not saying that this solvent WAS at Omaha Beach - I'm just stating that from it's packaging and wording I recognized the era....).

Fast forward to a couple of days ago, and I picked up a Saginaw/Underwood M1 Carbine, made in June of 1944. The stock is dark, maintaining most of it's varnish, but it is intact. The mechanics are solid, and the bore is excellent. Yes, it's already been checked out by a gunsmith. I have a 30 rd. mag with the carbine, but I'm looking to pick up some 15 rounders, along with a mag pouch and an oil bottle. I've got a lot going on, so I'm going to have to wait a couple of weeks before getting out to shoot it, but I'm looking forward to it!!!!!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.