• Single Shot H&R in .45-70 Gov't
    • RIA 1911
    • Taurus Raging Bull .44mag
    • Stoeger 12ga Coach Gun
    • Taurus Pump-Action .357/.38
    • Mosin-Nagant AND a cheap .357 wheelie
    • AK

Guest truthsayer

I have plenty of .38 and 9mm handguns, .22 pistol and rifle, SKS, and a 12 gauge wingshooter (28in bbl).

I have no clue what to buy next. I'm torn between the above options. Vote and explain why.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have plenty of .38 and 9mm handguns, .22 pistol and rifle, SKS, and a 12 gauge wingshooter (28in bbl).

I have no clue what to buy next. I'm torn between the above options. Vote and explain why.

I see no options. Get with it.

I voted AK for a few reasons. 1. you already have an SKS so you would already be buying 7.62x39 already I'm assuming. 2. ultra reliable 3. really simple to field strip and clean. 4. there is some aftermarket parts on the market 5. You might not always be able to get one in the future.

I sometimes find my self faceing this problem.The simple fix is to visit your local gun dealer and buy what looks good to you.Take them home all 8 or 10,rearrange the safe so they all fit then take a knap.

Repeat as needed.

Guest truthsayer
I sometimes find my self faceing this problem.The simple fix is to visit your local gun dealer and buy what looks good to you.Take them home all 8 or 10,rearrange the safe so they all fit then take a knap.

Repeat as needed.

Well, I have local sources on all of them. As such, they have all been fondled and are in stock. I'm just trying to decide.

Guest truthsayer
Are you actually going to get what we vote on?

It seems most of the time these threads end up with "Well, I went to buy the AK, but then I couldn't put the RIA down" :P

Not sure yet. It will be a help, though.

Guest EasilyObsessed

Dont think you can wrong with adding a 1911 to your collection.

Since you already have an SKS, I dont see much point in adding an AK to the collection.

Now, if it had been an option, I would have voted: Buy a 1911, sell the SKS and replace it with an AK.

I went with the RIA, I was second guessing myself thinking about the AK. then it was mentioned that you already have the SKS. So I stick with the RIA. However, the RIA and the AK, along with several others are my list. If I could only figure out how to mark things off the list without being shot by my wife!