Ranges - Full Auto Friendly ?

Guest Bust'em

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker
TWRA Range in Cheatham? Do they even have rules there? Even if they did, nobody is there to enforce them, hahaha

Man, you take your life in your own hands over there.

Not only un-supervised, but also filthy and run down.

I avoid it like the plague, though its the closest one to me.

I really love Southside / Montgomery Co. Shooting Complex. The nicest outdoor range I have ever been to. It less than 20 miles from my house, but the hours are weird. Only open Fri, Sat, and Sun.

Man, you take your life in your own hands over there.

Not only un-supervised, but also filthy and run down.

I avoid it like the plague, though its the closest one to me.

I really love Southside / Montgomery Co. Shooting Complex. The nicest outdoor range I have ever been to. It less than 20 miles from my house, but the hours are weird. Only open Fri, Sat, and Sun.

Yeah, it's the closest for me too.

I don't care for it much, but I usually go to it a few times a year. I always bring a few folks w/ me. Last time I was down there, I met a really cool guy. He was a Marine Corps sniper and 'Nam vet. He was sighting in a Remington 700 build he had just finished. He and my group we're the only ones there, and I had a great time.

Guest oldhack62
On target in murfreesboro is.

Yep, pretty sure I've heard auto fire there :hyper:while plinking away with my little, seemingly single-shot, 9mm and/or .380 semi-autos.

TWRA Range in Cheatham? Do they even have rules there? Even if they did, nobody is there to enforce them, hahaha

There used to be a sign up - No full and no FMJ.

There used to be a sign up - No full and no FMJ.
Really? I've never seen the sign, and I've shot a metric ton of FMJs out there...

Yup - big sign at the entrance ... "no full auto" among some other rules.

I've also seen people with Full Auto's at the Stones River TWRA Range as well. http://www.state.tn.us/twra/stoneshunted.html

Yea they "allow" it but they seem to bust the full auto guys balls out there. When we were out there there was a guy shooting a M16 and the entire time he shot a range nazi was hovering over him. he told him if u get off target one time ur gone. the man proved them wrong and stayed on target the whole time. Another time me and my dad and brother were shooting a SEMI 1919a4 on a locked down tri-pod. well the range goes cold and me and my bro walk down to change targets while dad stays back. while he is messing around on the line one of the R.O.'s says, "i dont know why anyone needs that f#&king thing". well when we go hot again dad ask a young boy, maybe 7 or 8, if he wants to shoot the 1919. so he runs a 100 round belt through it. we had to get a bucket for him to stand on so he would be tall enough. he climbed down and had the biggest smile on his, his dads, and all of our faces. dad went right down to the potty mouth R.O. and told him, "thats why I NEED that gun". We said screw the range nazi's and joined a private club in KY. Sorry for the long post but guys like that hurt all of us. Just a warning for all you NFA guys before you go out to Stones River.

-Jason G

Guest mark_justmark

We were there once and a couple of guys had two M1919s set up and let us shoot em! COOL. . .

But yeah, it can get crazy there sometimes. Some ghetto punks were shooting up OUR targets we had set up and were just starting to use. :lol:

sideways_gun_sight.jpg