http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5239#post5239

---

NOVESKE/ MAGPUL LIMITED EDITION MPL LIGHT RECCE

0O2P8818-A-1028-Stick.jpg

0O2P8793-1028-Stick.jpg

0O2P8520-A-1028-Stick.jpg

SPECS

16.1" Cold Hammer Forged Barrel, 1 in 7" twist, 5.56mm

--Made of Mil Spec M249 Machine Gun barrel steel, with heavy M249 Chrome Lining,

(appx. 2 times as thick as an M4 or M16)

--Extended Feed Ramps

--Mil Spec Phosphate finish

--MP HP tested

--Mid-Length gas system, no M203 notch

--Shot peened and MP tested bolt

--Properly staked carrier key

--Auto carrier

--H Buffer

--MAGPUL UBR buttstock

--MAGPUL MIAD grip

--Ambi magazine catch

--Ambi bolt release

--Forged Vltor MUR upper receiver featuring an anti-rotation interface with the handguard

--11" free floated handguard w/ 1913 rails

--Low-profile gas block pinned to barrel

--Flip-up front and rear sights

--AAC Blackout non-mount flash suppressor

--Four MAGPUL P-MAG 30rd mags included, black non-window

--V-TAC padded black sling

--QD Sling Swivels

--MAGPUL XTM rail panels, 5 packages

--Eagle LE Discreet Soft Case

$2995.00

Currently 49 in stock, on Noveske's website, at time of posting this.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

due to this other rifle build. :D

Speaking of which... not to hijack, but do I recall you saying you were using the VLTOR MUR? Are you planning on using the CASV as well? I'm looking to go that route, but Obama hasn't given me magical envelopes overflowing w/ O-Bucks yet...

Guest Verbal Kint
Speaking of which... not to hijack, but do I recall you saying you were using the VLTOR MUR? Are you planning on using the CASV as well? I'm looking to go that route, but Obama hasn't given me magical envelopes overflowing w/ O-Bucks yet...

Nah... the LaRue 13.2 rail most likely, with a 20" WOA SDM barrel. I'm going long and heavy. I'm compensating (pun intended -- as it will be suppressed as well). :D

I can PM you the slated build specs if you want.

Nah... the LaRue 13.2 rail most likely, with a 20" WOA SDM barrel. I'm going long and heavy. I'm compensating (pun intended -- as it will be suppressed as well). :D

I can PM you the slated build specs if you want.

Cool, I'd like that.

Guest Verbal Kint

To further inspire your urge to buy one... or at least make you salivate more... here is word from one of the Magpul powers that be, in regards to the lower receivers used on this limited edition rifle:

These are part of the original test run of lowers we made.

They cost us too much to manufacture and there are only about 800 or so that will ever be made in this manner.

Our insurance company previously has not allowed us to sell firearms we manufacture on the open market but they gave a special wavier for these to be released.

A total of about 800 lowers were ever produced, and these 50 are the only ones to ever be released for sale. There may be another run of complete rifles in the future, but I don't have any details, dates, etc. at this time. For the time being, these 50 are it - no back orders/pre-orders will be taken.

Another piece of trivia on these particular lowers...

Because these were actually made a few years back, they all have our old manufacturing name "Magpul Armament Co" engraved as the manufacture. (same as the original Masada prototype)

These will be the only guns released this way as our manufacturing name has changed to "Magpul Military Industries" on our FFL and all new guns will be made under this new name. Not that this adds to their shootability but it does make them unique.

So it's definitely a nice collectible rifle. If I had the coinage, I'd be fighting for one.

Further info can be found in the M4C thread, here.

Edited by Verbal Kint
ETA 3rd quote
Guest Verbal Kint
Beautiful rifle, but I can think of other ways to part with $3,000 ;-D

I've seen some of your ideas before... I'd opt for the Noveske. :D

Just kidding... but this is an instant collectible, if you look at the quoted posts from the Magpul IP's.

• Only 800 lowers ever produced.
  • Only 50 of those ever being released for sale (and only on these guns).
  • Engraved with the no longer present, old, Magpul manufacturing name.

Those features, added with the immediate shipping of the rifle... no wait time or back log like a lot of vendors, plus availability of otherwise sold out components... is making this thing very attractive to people. Simply put, you're purchasing a piece of history that will only increase in price the second you purchase it.

These were released yesterday, with 50 total available. One day later, there's only 5 available on Noveske's site. At $3,025 (with s&H) that's $136,125 that people just spent overnight on these... with another $15,125 to be spent in the coming minutes/hours.

Apparently quite a few people disagree that there's a better way to spend their $3k. :lol:

Edited by Verbal Kint
t-t-t-typos

haha, oh dont get me wrong if i had the disposable income...but then again I still want a .50 cal :D

I've seen some of your ideas before... I'd opt for the Noveske. :lol:

Just kidding... but this is an instant collectible, if you look at the quoted posts from the Magpul IP's.

• Only 800 lowers ever produced.
  • Only 50 of those ever being released for sale (and only on these guns).
  • Engraved with the no longer present, old, Magpul manufacturing name.

Those features, added with the immediate shipping of the rifle... no wait time or back log like a lot of vendors, plus availability of otherwise sold out components... is making this thing very attractive to people. Simply put, you're purchasing a piece of history that will only increase in price the second you purchase it.

These were released yesterday, with 50 total available. One day later, there's only 5 available on Noveske's site. At $3,025 (with s&H) that's $136,125 that people just spent overnight on these... with another $15,125 to be spent in the coming minutes/hours.

Apparently quite a few people disagree that there's a better way to spend their $3k. :bs: