Anyone carry or use a maxpedition ?

Guest tbreed725

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the fatboy versipack in green and it is the best gear bag I have owned. I use it everyday and it is awesome. It is well made and will probably outlast me.

Very comfortable.

I have the black Jumbo Fatboy and I carry it daily. I got it initially to have a way to carry when riding the motorcycle, but found it to be handy, so I carry it full time now. If I have the velcro holster inside that will work with my glock or Sig, and I carry 2 reloads for whichever weapon I am carrying at the time. I also keep an extra flashlight, knife, cell charger, some electrical tape, a pen and notepad in it as well.

I carry a khaki Jumbo with the velcro holster and love it. I sometimes wish it were big enough to pack a large book or my laptop in, but overall I'm very happy with it. It does exactly what I bought it for ... effective off-body concealment of my handgun and extra mags when I can't carry on my hip.

I have a Maxpedition Colossus, with a roly poly and a first aid pouch attached. I keep it in my truck. I also bought a mega roly poly to use as a dump pouch, but I think I'll also be using it as a sleeping bag.

strickj, I use the maxpedition to carry a second firearm and extra magazines, and a bunch of other stuff. I wouldn't feel comfortable about carrying my only weapon in something that can be so easily detached.

Why is it ok to carry in one of these tactical packs,but a woman gets slammed for the horrible decision of carrying in her purse?

Come by one day and try to rip mine off me. You'll see why there's a difference between a combat tested gear bag and the latest thin strap Ed Hardy bag.

I would say also that most purses unless they are made specifically for carry wouldnt have a secure option for a holster inside that will keep the trigger guard covered. I haven't really seen the people being given hell for carrying in a purse, but I would assume people would frown on them carrying with the firearm just dropped into the purse where it was not secure, but just intermingling in the confines of the main portion of the bag.

Usually when a lady comes on here and mentions a purse the thought is that a purse is not a good option because of accessibility and strength of material. A person grabs a purse hard enough, and it will break or can break, also easily cut. And some wear them on one shoulder, not across the chest over their head. The maxipedition bags are worn over the head and across the shoulder. If someone were to come running up behind and grab the bag, they are going to have a <enter your weight" guy with them. those straps won't break, and would be hard to cut, can't prove that because I ain't going out to try to cut my bag. I have the backpack, and I have carried around a box of 500 rounds of 40 in it, and only thing I damaged was my shoulder! They are crazy strong.

I'm thinking about getting a jumbo or somehting else. When I inspect properties, I need to take notes, stow pencils, pens, calculator, camera, and hold on to a measuring tape too. Would come in handy for my work. Hmmm, off to their site!

There is a guy that works at RangeUSA that can draw from his Murse faster than most can from their strong side normal position.

• Administrator
i just got a fatboy versipack and love it i got the one in khaki color anyone else here use one ? pics of your setup appreciated as well.

I have a khaki Jumbo and use it for a variety of things in a variety of situations. I've taken it hiking, on trips, etc. Usually with at least a backup gun in the velcro holster and frequently with my Canon 30D DSLR camera and a wide-angle zoom lens in the main pocket when sightseeing.

Black Fatboy for the 1911. Pocket pistols go in the pockets. For situations where you want it with you but you have to disarm (in this case its because of work daily@!) I just stick the whole bag out of sight in the vehicle and don't have to worry about taking off a holster. Then when I want to venture forth after work, I have a means to carry. Man purse or not, its just damn useful and easy to carry all the stuff you want and not have to wear an untucked long shirt or coat.

If you carry one of these, and your friends laugh at you, you can laugh at them laughing at you, they will look at you funny, then you draw and shoot them in the knee. Problem solved and then you are a badass with a murse.

Guest flyfishtn

I have an Operator Tactical Attache for work (nice and concealed) and a Gear Slinger when I want to carry more stuff or maybe a camera.

Thinking of a Versipack too. There gear is truly hard use.