False walls hidden spaces

MudBugjr

DRM you had my memories on your brain when you wrote that post and you had my initials as your Login name. I bet I had DRM first and I don't want to give it away. We're already sharing it with those Digital Rights Management people. You can use it in TN but don't come to Ga trying to take it from me.:D:tough::):);)

I'm editing to see if my new Signature works. Join http://www.georgiacarry.org/ and help us out down here. Thanks!!!!

I've been using "DRM" on websites and forums back to 1994, and have logged in excess of 70,000 posts to various forums. I'd be surprised if you have been using it longer - or have people across the country who know who you are just by those 3 letters like I do.

Aside from that - I am thankful for Digital Rights Management - it makes tracking me(us) easily on the internet just a tad more confusing to the non-professionals ;)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, personally, I am planning on attaching a 10x10x8 12-inch-reinforced-concrete room to my garage slab whenever I get around to building my new house, so a safe-room concept is not a bad one to me. The stair thing seems a bit... tricky, though - you cannot just go at the stairs from a wall leading straight underneath them?

One side of the steps are my wall in the garage. The interior wall is my living room. I have a pantry in the kitchen that is the back of the step area. But its full of shelves.I wish I had the room to build a false wall somewhere.I will definitly make sure when we build the next one that its in the design.

A friend of my step father has a 2 lane gun range downstairs. walk through that into what looks like a bank. Big vault door into a saftey room about the size of most peoples living rooms. It has its own air system and phone setup. Then in the corner is a spiral staircase that goes up to their master suite with locakable hatch of coarse. He also has a lil area where his pool comes into the bedroom so they can exit and enter. Pretty wild. I would love the range thats for sure!

One side of the steps are my wall in the garage. The interior wall is my living room. I have a pantry in the kitchen that is the back of the step area. But its full of shelves.I wish I had the room to build a false wall somewhere.I will definitly make sure when we build the next one that its in the design.

Actually, the shelved area could make a PERFECT way to conceal a door if you could work out a way to hinge the shelves to the door.

Guest Schwarzgebrannt

If you walk around your house, the odds are pretty decent that you can find at least one spot where you can cannibalize a section of a room and fit in a few feet of extra space that won't be detected by anyone walking around and eyeballing. If you're really lucky and have an oddball wall layout, you can set it up so that measuring is such a PITA that it won't even be likely to give results.

Guest colrmccoll

I have remodeled the space under my stair for storage. It is accessible through the coat closet. It is a fairly large space as the stair turns 90 degrees and all of the space up to the platform is available.

I could have made it very stealthy but did not as it only holds the Christmas stuff.

I have actually used it as a tornado shelter on one occasion.

This could have been done to completely hide the area but I had no need to at the time.

R

Well right after the holidays and family comes and goes I think I'm gonna try my safe room. Not going to do the stairs in this house.Will do something tacticool when I buil again. I will try probably a hidden set of shelves. Wish me luck. Can't believe I got my wife to agree!