Optic for Glock 19 gen 4 MOS

First, let me just say thanks to all you awesome gunners who help me with my questions.  Your advice has been so helpful to me.

I am thinking about a Trijicon RMR optic for my Glock 19 MOS.  It's a bit pricey but I'm willing to pay for quality gear.  Have any of you had experience with this optic on a Glock?  If so, what do you think?

Thanks again!

Edited by Jenny1234
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Trijicon RMR is a really heavy duty piece of gear.  I've used an RM07s on a G21, G20, G17, and G37, and I'm happy enough with it to use it as my only optic.   My G29 and G38 slides are at OneSourceTactical for milling now, and I'm picking up a G19MOS and G17MOS next week.  I've ordered a couple more RM07s as well.  Yes, I like them :-)

The only issue I've ever had with the RMR is that a couple of them have occasionally shut off.  The fix seems to be cleaning the battery contacts, and tweaking the side contact a bit.  I've never once found the contacts to be dirty, but I go through the motions, reinstall the same battery, and it works fine after that.  

Cheers,

Rusty

I recently ordered a Vortex Viper, which seems to be their latest compact offering. The dot isn't quite as bright at the RMR, and the whole unit appears to be much less robust, however it IS less than half the price!   If you weren't already invested in RMRs, it's likely you'd be completely satisfied with it.   I returned mine without ever mounting it, because all the pistols I currently have are milled for the RMR, and they are not interchangeable.  Even though I'm fairly OCD about having things be the same, now that I have MOS models on the way, I might consider trying the Viiper on one of those. 

Cheers,

Rusty

I have had an RMR on a Glock 17 and Glock 19 for a while now.  I am very pleased with it and won't have a carry gun without one.  It did fail me once and it was so bad that I had to send it in for repair.  Trijicon was very easy to work with and fixe the issue. Back up sights with any slide mounted optic is mandatory.