Music lovers!

Guest GlocKingTN

Guest GlocKingTN

I was just wandering what kind of music everyone listened to? I listen to it all really. But prefer dance, techno! But I listen to classic rock, rock, alternative, heavy metal, country, just about anything. Some of my favorite bands/singers are:

Killswitch Engaged

Def Leopard

Powerman 5000

Micro Chip League

Limp Bizkit

Linkin Park

Well, you get the idea! So whats in your CD player?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fuel

My current favs:

Interpol

BRMC

The Bravery

Kaiser Chiefs

Bloc Party

Old school favs:

The Who (best all-around rock band IMO)

Bob Seger

AC/DC (Bon Scott era)

Guest utarch00

I listen to everything but country. Not originally from around here. Favs are metal, electronic, rap, blues, trip-hop, rock, etc.

Favs currently are:

Tool

Zero 7

Massive Attack

Guest GlocKingTN
My current favs:

Interpol

BRMC

The Bravery

Kaiser Chiefs

Bloc Party

Never heard of any of these. Are they metal or what?

I as well like some of the others mentioned!:)

Guest Fuel
Never heard of any of these. Are they metal or what?

I as well like some of the others mentioned!:)

BRMC (Black Rebel Motorcycle club) gets compared to Jesus and Mary Chain quite a bit if you are familiar with them. Not sure how to describe Interpol. The other bands are what got termed "Next Wave" a few years ago. Although they don't remind me all that much of new wave from back in the 80's.

I first really got into music back in the mid 80's when college rock first took off. I tend to like music that reminds me of that era. I'm not a big metal fan, although I did my share of Ozzy and Judas Priest when I was in school.

BRMC at MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/blackrebelmotorcycleclub

I'm a huge 311 fan, first and foremost. Incubus is a close second.

I love classic rock, but most of the stuff I like doesn't get played on the radio. I have all kinds of stuff on my iPod.

I can always rock out to some old school Metallica, Motley Crue, and Poison.

I like older country. Many artists from the 50s through present with Charlie Daniels Band, Bocephus, Marty Stuart, Johnny Cash, Confederate Railroad, Clint Black, among others.

I saw Junior Brown on Friday night at the Frist Center for the second time, and he sounds GREAT live! He is one of my favorites.

Guest dotsun

+1 for Bluegrass. My musical tastes are quite eclectic. Everything from old country to Kid Rock to Primus. I really didn't enjoy bluegrass, however, until I started playing guitar (badly) and realized what crazy skills those guys have.

+1 for Bluegrass. My musical tastes are quite eclectic. Everything from old country to Kid Rock to Primus. I really didn't enjoy bluegrass, however, until I started playing guitar (badly) and realized what crazy skills those guys have.

Thanks Marty!

yep dave, those guys have some mad skills when it comes to picking!

Let's see, if you were to search my music library you would find Mozart, Bach, Metallica, Shortwave Dahlia (a friends band) Rammstein, Lords of Acid, Dead Kennedy's, TSOL, Surf Punks, Allison Kraus, George Strait, Johnny Cash, U2, Dead Milkmen,

Good god, the list goes on and on. I don't think I could mention them all. Suffice it to say, I will listen to just about anything, I don't like a lot of the "new" music that they are putting out these days as I think half of it is synthesized in the studio and the artists can't repeat it on stage to save their lives.

During the late 80's early 90's I was a "hood" that was in to Punk/New Wave and HARD metal. Overkill had to be one of my favorite bands of that time. I have to find some of that to download again.

Thanks for letting me take the walk down memory lane, Glocking.

Guest GlocKingTN
Thanks for letting me take the walk down memory lane, Glocking.

Anytime saints! I see you have a few of my fav's as well.:P

I like pretty much anything except for rap and country... Most of my CD collection is classic and 70's-80's rock. Got some new stuff too.

When I'm driving, and can get radio reception, I'm tuned in to talk radio.

I also listen to everything. On my iPod right now that I use at work is mostly rock/alternative with Micheal Jackson in the middle of it....:P

AC/DC

Adema

Amiss

Breaking benjiman

Bloodsimple

Drowning Pool

CCR

Dark new Day

Digital Summer

Alot of Disturbed

Killswitch

Hell Yeah

Micheal Jackson

Nonpoint

Ra

Red

Sevendust

Slipknot

Sublime

Stone Sour

I also listen to everything. On my iPod right now that I use at work is mostly rock/alternative with Micheal Jackson in the middle of it....:P

AC/DC

Adema

Amiss

Breaking benjiman

Bloodsimple

Drowning Pool

CCR

Dark new Day

Digital Summer

Alot of Disturbed

Killswitch

Hell Yeah

Micheal Jackson

Nonpoint

Ra

Red

Sevendust

Slipknot

Sublime

Stone Sour

With the exception of MJ, thats a good list. If you like Rock and don't listen to Black Label Society, your missing out. BLS is great! Clutch is another band that will rock the house. Again, great list!

Guest Phantom6

Like molonlabetn, When I'm driving and I can get good reception I listen to talk radio. My musical enjoyment however is pretty varied. It is listed here in no particular order of preference:

Blues

Bluegrass/Newgrass

Country (Classic and Progressive)

Southern Rock

Classic Rock

Celtic

Big Band

Jazz

Folk

Western Swing

Orchestral

When I'm on the interstate on a road trip and can't get good continous coverage out of talk radio I pop in a CD with good hard driving tunes from the likes of ZZ Top, Molly Hatchet, Lynyrd Skynyrd (God, how I do love skynard's triple-lead guitar sound) and the like. Gotta keep the "bird dog" on though. Got carried away once between San Antonio and Houston and looked down to see 130 on the speedometer.:D It was the car's fault though. That Benz had one tight, smooth ride! :D

Guest GlocKingTN

For the ones who like rap, Lil Wyte will be at the club I work at on June 30th. Im reay to see that one. I dont listen to alot of rap, but Lil Wyte is one of them I do listen too.

With the exception of MJ, thats a good list. If you like Rock and don't listen to Black Label Society, your missing out. BLS is great! Clutch is another band that will rock the house. Again, great list!

Yeah, I just liuke fast paced music to listen to when I work. It hlps me to keep moving. (im a delivery driver) yeah, ive listened to Black Label Society and Clutch. I like them both, i just done have their albums yet.

I pretty much listen to Classic Rock in the fall and winter and country in the spring and summer. Been that way for longer than I can remember. Actually since before classic rock was called that.

Since it is summer I have been listening to Outlaw Country Sirius Channel 63.

They do a pretty good job of mixing it up the way I enjoy listening to it. Right now I would have to say my fav's are all the Hank Williams, Sr. , Jr, and especially Hank III . And there are an incredible amount of bands doing covers of Johhny Cash that all sound awesome.

Outlaw Country and hot weather go hand in hand for me.