AT88S blue book price

vontar

Does anyone have access to good pricing data?

I have a friend considering selling the following.  I can't find many of them or any currently for sale.  been doing a bit of research.

interested in Low and high numbers.  The gun is certainly not mint.

Action Arms 9mm Para
ITM
Switzerland at88s

the following is the research i have been able to do so far.

Not found an exact match yet.
This is close but appears to be maybe an older model
https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=92317
 ITM AT84s 9mm pistol

"Like almost all CZ-75 clones, the Action Arms AT series was made using most parts supplied by Tanfoglio of Italy, and finished in Switzerland.
The AT-84 was mostly Tanfoglio supplied parts, the very late AT-88 used more parts made by Action Arms"

Note, I have heard of Tanfoglio.

AT-88S

9mm or .41 Action Express (available early 1990) cal., selective DA/SA design patterned after CZ-75, 4.8 in. barrel, 15 shot (9mm) or 10 shot (.41 AE) mag., can be carried "cocked and locked", fixed sights, blue metal, walnut grips, 35.3 oz. Introduced in 1987 with limited production samples imported in 1989. There is pricing information available for purchase for this model. This data is available in the following options:

https://bluebookofgunvalues.com/Gun_Values/Manufacturers/ACTION_ARMS_LTD/Categories/ACTION_ARMS_LTD_PISTOLS_SEMI_AUTO/Models/ACTION_ARMS_LTD_PISTOLS_SEMI_AUTO_AT_88S?id=ACTION_ARMS_LTD_PISTOLS_SEMI_AUTO_AT_88S

"The ITM (Industrial Technology and Machines) AT84S was built in Solothurn, Switzerland starting in 1984 as a clone of the original CZ 75. They were well built pistols, utilizing a great design. Most of them had matte blued slides with a more polished blued frame. The rear sight was large, but fixed. The front sight is a rather low profile, ramped style. The AT84S had a fairly short production life. Four years later, the AT88S was introduced with a few changes, including a firing pin safety and a slightly different barrel/slide locking system. Sphinx took ITM over in 1990 and turned the AT88S into a super high end, world class pistol. Therefore, this AT84S is really the start of the incredible Sphinx line of handguns. Its sort of like a pre-Sphinx, so to speak"

If someone has access to bluebook values here or some place else I would like an idea to help her out.

Edited by vontar

I'm not a big Blue Book fan as I sold a nice S&W revolver for about half of its value based on the Blue Book.

The best source I know of is to go to Gun Broker or similar site where you can do an advanced search on guns that have recently sold to see how much they sold for.  

You might suggest that she become a benefactor to this fine site. For a nominal and very fair cost, this would open several other forums including a very informative and easy to use "firearms for sale" forum where some great people would pay fair prices, or offer her other sources of valuable information as she decides whether to sell. 

On 5/14/2016 at 8:27 AM, Pete123 said:

The best source I know of is to go to Gun Broker or similar site where you can do an advanced search on guns that have recently sold to see how much they sold for.  

I had searched Gunbroker and got 0 hits on at88s.  I haven't seen it in person yet, she is one of my wives friends and a member neighborhood watch so I will be getting to know here better.

She has already told me she is going to try to sell it and buy a different 9mm.  She don't like how this one feels. 

I got involved when someone told her it looked like a colt and she was thinking about asking a low dollar amount.  I got involved to make sure she didn't get ripped off.

She seems interested in learning and though my wife going to let me help her.

She only has it for home protection, but admittedly is scared of guns, but interested in learning.

My wife invited her to go shoot with us.  Trust me, I will make sure it is as safe as possible with advanced planning.

I will probably start her with my 1911 22lg to let her get the feel of a 1911.  If that isn't a good fit, a Walter p22. (just for starting).

(good reasons to keep .22 around that match other guns).

I do plan to introduce her to the site here as well. 

Maybe she will be interested in getting a Carry permit, i might be able over time guide her down that road.