Did some shooting today.

• Moderators
At my house. No pics or anything. Nothing really special or exotic. Just bragging on the fact that for the first time I got to do some shooting in my own backyard. You can't wipe the grin off my face right now.
  • Like 19
Yeah, I'm jealous, the neighbor came over the other day, raising hell, because my son was shooting Coke cans with his pellet gun. The "bullets" we're hitting the side of his house according to him. He only shut up when I showed him my son was shooting in the opposite direction of his house. I asked him not to ever come back again....
  • Like 3

Shooting on my own property was near the top of our list of wants when we were looking for our current place. Shooting off my back deck is very nice indeed. I can only get out to about 25 yards this time of year because of undergrowth I can't really remove. 40-50 yards is possible during the Winter. Now I'm thinking of where I can set up to shoot clays  :D

• Like 1

At my house. No pics or anything. Nothing really special or exotic. Just bragging on the fact that for the first time I got to do some shooting in my own backyard. You can't wipe the grin off my face right now.

It's a beautiful thing! Congrats! I was like a teenager when we got our place. Laughing out loud when I was shooting the 1911 by the barn after cutting grass. Shooting the 22 pistol as I passed by some targets while cutting grass and so on.
It is absolutely awesome to shoot at the house. Enjoy the fruits of your labor!
  • Like 1

It's a beautiful thing! Congrats! I was like a teenager when we got our place. Laughing out loud when I was shooting the 1911 by the barn after cutting grass. Shooting the 22 pistol as I passed by some targets while cutting grass and so on.
It is absolutely awesome to shoot at the house. Enjoy the fruits of your labor!

OMG!!! I so know what I am doing first thing when I get on the tractor Saturday morning...can't believe I didn't think of that before.
  • Like 4

Yeah, I'm jealous, the neighbor came over the other day, raising hell, because my son was shooting Coke cans with his pellet gun. The "bullets" we're hitting the side of his house according to him. He only shut up when I showed him my son was shooting in the opposite direction of his house. I asked him not to ever come back again....

If my neighbor did that and if I didn't live in the city limits I would tell him sorry, i'll tell my son not to fire his "bullet" air gun anymore. Then after he went back into his house I would bump fire a 30 round mag from my MAK 90 into a tree.  :)

NAA, I would just laugh at him and tell him to get a life but it's a fun thought anyway.

I got this thing about de-pressurizing old aerosol cans with my Crossman pump with the $10 Tasco scope. "WARNING" Do not shoot one of those "Foam A Fill" cans too close to the house, it makes your siding look like it has pimples.  :doh:

• Like 3
  • Moderators

On a slightly related note, I've spent the morning teaching my 4.5 yo daughter how to cast with her new Ninja Turtle fishing pole. These are the mornings that make life worth living, y'all.

7db84b7621667e2d59c7aead6e7044e6.jpg

• Like 8

On a slightly related note, I've spent the morning teaching my 4.5 yo daughter how to cast with her new Ninja Turtle fishing pole. These are the mornings that make life worth living, y'all. 7db84b7621667e2d59c7aead6e7044e6.jpg

No doubt you still have a huge grin on your face huh? I agree, these memories are what it's all about.
  • Like 1
  • Moderators

No doubt you still have a huge grin on your face huh? I agree, these memories are what it's all about.

No doubt.

Can't help myself. We finally got out of Memphis and into the country. Life is gooooood!
  • Like 2

On a slightly related note, I've spent the morning teaching my 4.5 yo daughter how to cast with her new Ninja Turtle fishing pole. These are the mornings that make life worth living, y'all.

7db84b7621667e2d59c7aead6e7044e6.jpg

Looks like she caught herself a whale of a bluegill...

Edited by Mark A
  • Like 1

I'm going to keep dreaming. I plan on finding a similar setting after my daughter graduates next year. I don't care if it's a tiny house, I'm gonna be able to shoot off the back porch.

I'm gonna be looking for a similar situation, kinda in your neck of the woods. Gotta get a couple of houses ready to sell first.

• Moderators

Post address so we can make sure you never shoot alone. :)

Considering I ain't home all that much, I better not. It might be dangerous for anyone to show up without me being there. The wife is a crack shot and I don't figure on high odds for anyone she don't know making it very far up the drive. :lol:
  • Like 2

Considering I ain't home all that much, I better not. It might be dangerous for anyone to show up without me being there. The wife is a crack shot and I don't figure on high odds for anyone she don't know making it very far up the drive. :lol:

:clap: That's a good thing!!

• Like 1