AR 308 Range Fun!

Smith

Finally got the Aero M5 308 out to the range. Always love shooting the 308. Very easy to get the Anderson adjustable gas block set up. It adjust from the front, ala SLR's (the best), but cost a lot less. Don't have to take the handguard off to adjust either. Bushnell 4-12 AR BDC dialed in great. Got to do a something with the trigger. Had light primer strikes. Probably due to the JP springs. Gonna get a RRA NM. The KAK barrel ran great!
Ran some extra Wolf steel case I had laying around. I figure if I can get that to run, anything will.
333352d00e934d714c811a4f5fb6f382.jpg
2edf2ad19c090d783d555aebe96276fd.jpg
Here is 10@100 yrds off hand with a bipod. The flyers were all me, but at least I was consistent in my flinching! [emoji2] It was pretty windy as well.[emoji6]
d9f05381ed09215206f7fcce4867300e.jpg

Edited by Smith
  • Like 2

Now that is one nice looking lead launcher...and it eats steel cases too? Is it a factory build or did you assemble it?Off hand accuracy looks good to......ok I'm envious....

I built it. This is the second Aero m5 receiver set I've used, so it was a little easier this go round. The big key to the 308 is an adjustable gas block. The GB lets you ignore the issues caused by not having the buffer/buffer spring tuned just right. The Anderson and SLR both let you adjust the setting from the front. That's a big deal. Otherwise, you have to take the handguard off to tune the GB. In my experience an adjustable gas block is the difference between a finicky unreliable gun and a reliable AR308.
Aero M5 receivers
Aero charging handle, hinge/take down pins, bolt catch
KAK 18" SS barrel (midlength)
Anderson adjustable GB
UTG Pro Slim 13" rail
AIM nitride BCG
Larue APEG grip
MFT stock
DPMS 308 buffer spring
Radical arms 308 buffer
Damage Industries brake (drilled two extra ports on top)
Just added a RRA NM trigger