Lenoir City Show Recap

Guest justinbelcher13

Guest justinbelcher13

I was wondering if anyone made it to the lenoir city show today and if the did could do give us a brief overview of it. Im still debating weather to go tommorow or not. BTW, what are the hours tommorow?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went its pretty decent. I thought it was better than maryville. Had quite a few long guns. Had thompson tommy gun violin case $2000 a couple of copy volunteers. also had several colectable exhibits, and fair amount of hand guns didn't really get a feel for pricing. roller derby girls had the food sales. I lot people at 2:00 also several shot guns don't remember 2-4 maybe ak's I try not to mislead anyone I was close just 10 miles wasn't looking buy worth trip to me

Edited by laktrash

Well, my press entourage was somehow missing.

Besides that, though, lots of pretty, old and pretty old guns, and lots and lots and lots of hunting-style rifles and shotguns. Apart from that... *shrug* The tommy's were nice, there was a fair smattering of lever-action, and there were even a few A2-style AR-15s running about.

Walked away with nothing myself, but a stagecoach gun, a Mossburg, a .22 lever action, and a couple 1911s were tempting.

In reality, it was not worth the 30+ minute drive and six bucks for me, but I tend towards more modern firearms, of which there were a fair bit of handguns, but not many long guns.

Oh, and Google Maps sucks at finding that place.

linoge is right about 1 thing, google maps sucks a** . way off where it was supposed to be. but i have no shame , lol. i found a guy loading his 4 wheeler in his truck in his backyard at 7:30 in the morning. stopped in the middle of the road and yelled at the top of my lungs "hey buddy, where's that gun show ? " guess you could call that my redneck tom-tom , lmao !

lots of antiquities, but there was several modern guns floating around. landed a buckmark at a good deal. saw several .17 hmr's (that i've been wanting something awful ) but everything was out of my price range. it was worth it for me simply because i enjoy seeing all that people have and bring in to trade. i drove 115 miles round trip but have a fuel miser and got in free so it was all good.

I did hear a lot of good buzz about the white pine/morristown show next weekend. everyone i talked to said they were making the trip up simply because they think right now is prime time for gun trading.

guess we will see

FUJIMO

Guest justinbelcher13

Appreciate all the info guys. I think im gonna head that way tommorow and check it out. Id like to check out a kahr im thinking about getting here soon, and I like looking at the older guns too. Sounds like it will be a good time.

Appreciate all the info guys. I think im gonna head that way tommorow and check it out. Id like to check out a kahr im thinking about getting here soon, and I like looking at the older guns too. Sounds like it will be a good time.

I saw your want ad. I seen a pm9 but didn't catch the price on it. looked new so I am guessing it was pricey. had the box & papers, 2 clips if i recall.but you know how things go. it might be g-g-g-gone !

I love my kahrs so I always try to sniff them out.

fujimo

Guest justinbelcher13

You reccomend the pm9 then? I was looking into a kel tec, but i dont know how reliable they really are. It seems hit and miss. Seems like the extra investment for the kahr is well worth it to me.

I would throw down for the pm9 but I am a little bias. I have 3 kahrs as it is and am wanting 1 of each gun they make, as money allows.

most people shy away from the single slide but for carry it's great to me. now for ankle carry the keltec .380 (p3t or whatever it's named) is the way to go. haven't bought it yet but i'm thinking real hard on it.

just my opinion