Office view this week...

Be sure to pick up some power crystals to focus the alien energy while you're there.

Beautiful place, but home to some real nutters. Kind of like California in a microcosm.

Actually I saw more on my previous trip a couple of years ago but the week's not over yet..     :) 

I think I'm going to just stay out here and hope Bernie gets elected so I can live off other people's hard work.    

Mountain biking is quite popular here and plenty of riders that obviously have limited fear.    Here's one riding what people call "riding the white line".

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFo5dxVhzgM[/media]

I think I'm right on the identification. Granted, it's been 16 years since we were there, but it's such an awe inspiring place it all sticks in my mind.

We had rented a convertible after flying into Sky Harbor, and just started driving around. We experienced a sandstorm the first night there. It was beautiful to watch rolling in off the desert...until it go too close and we ran for the car. lol

The intent was to spend a few days at the Merchandise Mart, then drive north towards the Grand Canyon and spend the remaining time there.

But after having dinner with a couple we met there, we were told about Sedona. Since it sounded so good, and it was on our way up 89N, we decided to stop for a quick look. lol

Spent the remainder of the time doing the desert jeep tours(Have you seen the Pink Jeep Tours? I guess still in business.), the mountain jeep climb, walked some of the winding trails, and of course seeing all the shops.

One particularly good evening, we had dinner at a local place, then decided to just drive off into the night and watch the sunset. It was fantastic.

Then drove up into the hills and looked down on the valley and the small community below. Night time driving was just amazing after the heat of the day. I finally had to put up the top as it was getting downright cool.

But Sedona and the surrounding area is on of the most beautiful places we have been to. also, like most tourist spots, sort of pricey.

I bet that hasn't changed.

Somewhere around here, I have about 8 hours of 8mm Sony Videocam  tapes. I really need to get them converted to disc. Lots of good stuff on them.

Edited by hipower

Mountain biking is quite popular here and plenty of riders that obviously have limited fear.    Here's one riding what people call "riding the white line".

Looks more like limited sanity to me!

Mountain biking is quite popular here and plenty of riders that obviously have limited fear. Here's one riding what people call "riding the white line".

Any sporting activity that requires a helicopter to film you doing it could very possibly require an extra pair of underwear during and/or after completing said activity.IMHO.

Somewhere around here, I have about 8 hours of 8mm Sony Videocam  tapes. I really need to get them converted to disc. Lots of good stuff on them.

Skip the disc. Already becoming obsolete. Just go straight to a digital file. Easy to "SaveAs" to new formats using most then-current movie playing software as they come along.