Suppressor ready CZ P09

So I picked up one about a week ago. I thought it would be a typical polymer gun but was surprised.

They ship as a DA/SA with decocker but no ability to be carried cocked and locked. But the safety to swap to a cocked and locked carry comes with the gun. It was easy to swap out so I can carry it in a traditional 1911. I haven't shot it enough but reports are these are pretty accurate.

The sights are what I have been doing for years. They are a three dot sights that use glow in the dark powder as the night sight. It takes a second to charge and is brighter than any tritium I have ever seen. The glow in the dark powder stays as bright as, or brighter than, tritium for hours. The rear of the grip is replaceable with different grip inserts. Capacity is 19+1 but it doesn't feel large.

There is a ton of aftermarket support for these already. I have some reduced mainsprings coming and have already installed the longer firing pin, firing pin spring and the spring for the firing pin safety. I polished up all the parts that need to be polished and worked on the sear to clean it up.

I measured the single action trigger at just over four pounds as it left the factory. After the modifications so far it is just over three pounds. And when I start tuning the main spring I should be able to drop it even more. The trigger in single action isn't as short as a typical cocked and locked gun, which this one is set up as, but it is also pretty nice. It feels about like a heavily modified Glock trigger.

The only ding against this pistol is the sights. It is not that they are bad but they should be much taller for a "suppressor ready" gun. I can buy them for $85 but I would rather pay $85 extra for them already on the gun.

It is my new favorite gun and I cannot wait to start carrying it. I am a CZ fan again, well I never really left just didn't have any.

• Like 1

This is the gun I am looking at as a host as well. You got one of the older ones with the lower sights, the newest ones on their website have the taller suppressor sights. That is the very reason I have held off on buying one myself. I am waiting for the taller sights. I had 2 P07's and they really are great guns, although a little thick, but the P09 isn't really something that I personally wouldn't  be carrying anyway.

• Like 1

Good idea, they may very well do that. I think they learned the error of their ways with the first one. If you don't mind reply back with their answer, as that may sway my decision on getting one now.

When I get mine it will be going in the night stand, I just picked up a rami the other day, so I will be carrying that.