Ever get boinked on ebay?

Big change was about what, five years ago now?, when sellers could no longer even leave bad feedback for buyers. And sometime after that, seller feedback began determining the ranking in search results too, and now not just their overall FB level, but the smaller breakdown ratings also. And now, there's the eBay guarantee on top of all that for most items also.

So all in all, buyers are indeed much much more protected now than in the past.

- OS

While they are better now, they were not too bad even 10-15 years ago. I purchased what was supposed to be an original MS Office disk set, when it arrived it turned out to be a copy, and a bad copy at that. I notified eBay and they refunded my money, and they didn't have me send the disks back.

While they are better now, they were not too bad even 10-15 years ago. I purchased what was supposed to be an original MS Office disk set, when it arrived it turned out to be a copy, and a bad copy at that. I notified eBay and they refunded my money, and they didn't have me send the disks back.

I totally forgot that I had something like this happen last Christmas. I ordered a Thomas the tank engine Brio toy from a seller. It was slightly cheaper than the others and it looked good. Well, when I got it, it was obviously a fake because I had another of the real Brio toy and the difference was pretty noticeable in person, but not so much in the ebay pictures.  I reported it to ebay and was able to get my money back and keep the item. However, I was concerned about the materials used to make the item so I just threw it away and bought another one that was genuine. 

I thought Craigslists was where you went to get boinked.

Yeah....leave it to me.

Dude said it was shipped fedex. I told him the tracking number didn't work. He said "oh, I'm sorry, it was Averitt Express". It didn't work there either. Today, UPS brought it. :confused:

I don't hold out too much hope it'll work, but it appears o.k.

I've only had two problems after many eBay purchases. Just go ahead and file complaint with eBay and PayPal. More than likely it's a defective part on top of everything else. I had this happen with some auto parts before when I finally got them two of the parts were broken. There were literally two of the rods sticking out of the box when I got it. They didn't even try to pack them just threw them loose in a box. If you can just request a refund I would do so and find the part elsewhere.

I've only had two problems after many eBay purchases. Just go ahead and file complaint with eBay and PayPal. More than likely it's a defective part on top of everything else. I had this happen with some auto parts before when I finally got them two of the parts were broken. There were literally two of the rods sticking out of the box when I got it. They didn't even try to pack them just threw them loose in a box. If you can just request a refund I would do so and find the part elsewhere.

As I said, it appears to be fine. I really won't know til I get it in the truck. By then I'll have a day's work in it. I guess that's a gamble you take with used parts.