Obama says that gun-owning Americans do not need to rush out and stock up

Guest colrmccoll

like I said already, I don`t think Obama is going to do anything really, he has much bigger problems to think about , I don`t see any changes when it comes to gun laws, at least nothing drastic, maybe some magazine reductins from 13 to 10 rounds or something of that nature wich I really don`t care much for, same as I don`t care for full auto machineguns, I don`t have 15K to smoke on some full auto Kalasnikov so I can care or less...

Db

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only and I mean ONLY if he is allowed to get away with it! Course since I have sold most of my guns to a bunch of Spanish speaking guys up in Morristown and the rest to some black dude with a gold tooth down my the projects in East Knoxville, the O can go pound sand. BUT if I did have a firearm or two or three or ten or ..., I'd buy all the freaking ammo I could now. Maybe also that AK and/or AR

Viva la Revolucion!

"Is it a rebellion?" asked Louis XVI of the count who informed him of the fall of the Bastille.

"No, sire," came the reply. "It is a revolution. "

Nice!:hat:

Guest nraforlife
like I said already, I don`t think Obama is going to do anything really, he has much bigger problems to think about , I don`t see any changes when it comes to gun laws, at least nothing drastic, maybe some magazine reductins from 13 to 10 rounds or something of that nature wich I really don`t care much for, same as I don`t care for full auto machineguns, I don`t have 15K to smoke on some full auto Kalasnikov so I can care or less...

Db

BUT others do and want these items. If you don't care for certain items that is YOUR choice but we ALL have to support each others firearm interests else it all goes to hell. And then it starts to boil down to as long as you don't screw with my firearm interests I could care about anyone elses, and soon your looking at a photograph of what you USED to own.

Db

While Obama may not seek anti-gun legislation I have no doubt he'll quickly sign it when Shumer et al start pushing their anti-gun agenda. The best we can hope for is a filibuster in the Senate.

Guest RISC777

Since I sold my firearms two months ago, I have been going by various stores at times just to see what ammo is staying on shelves. Too bad that I never see any 7.62x39, but hey, I have no need for it any more.

Anyway, I wonder how much of the Christmas season is making the stores busier or/and the increased, "Let's buy now while we can" ??

Well, I personally don't hunt, and don't "see a need" for anyone to own a hunting rifle. I don't do CAS, so I don't "see a need" for anyone to kit up like a wild-west cowboy. I don't shoot skeet, so....

An attack on one is an attack on all, or as Mr. Franklin so aptly put it "we will assuredly all hang seperately".

Well, I personally don't hunt, and don't "see a need" for anyone to own a hunting rifle. I don't do CAS, so I don't "see a need" for anyone to kit up like a wild-west cowboy. I don't shoot skeet, so....

An attack on one is an attack on all, or as Mr. Franklin so aptly put it "we will assuredly all hang seperately".

Had a guy in the range the other day say something about not needing an AR because you couldn't hunt with it. His oldest son goes "Dad, the 2nd amendment isn't about that kind of hunting."

I wanted to shake his hand :tough:

"Anyone who thinks they need to rush out and buy a firearm clearly has not been paying attention to how quickly we make progress on this issue. We don't think these are first-time buyers. We think they are people who already have more than enough guns at their homes to protect themselves and are buying more."

This quote concerns me more than anything else in that article. The Brady Bunch is practically DARING us to buy guns. Normally, I think they're a bunch of stuck-up windbags. But their confidence may not be misplaced here. I'm not getting the warm fuzzy feeling I had when I read the latest letter from the NRA using the Roosevelt and Heston quotes.

Guest nraforlife

IF and I mean IF I was going to buy a firearm, I would ONLY buy off the books, no paper trail no records. Sorry dealers, and especially Coal Creek as you sold me over 90% of what I had, BUT I don't trust the Oshi_t and his jackass cronies

• 2 weeks later...
BUT others do and want these items. If you don't care for certain items that is YOUR choice but we ALL have to support each others firearm interests else it all goes to hell. And then it starts to boil down to as long as you don't screw with my firearm interests I could care about anyone elses, and soon your looking at a photograph of what you USED to own.

than those others who want these items should care.I don`t and to tell you the truth i don`t think civilian has any business owning a military weapon in the first place. Crying because you cant have 13 rounds in your pistol but only 10 is, if you ask me, ridiculous. If you are going into a gun fight with a local drug cartel then you need a Uzi and not a pistol....

Db

44m, how about I can own something simply because I want it. Can't own military weapons? How does that logic work? The revolvers you show in your avatar are based on military weapons. Why can't an honest citizen own a military weapon. I own several. Does that make me a threat to anyone?

What does the speedometer on your car max out at? Do you need to drive that fast? If not then why do you need it?

Honestly when someone on a pro-gun forum acts like an anti I get worried.

Guest canynracer
than those others who want these items should care.I don`t and to tell you the truth i don`t think civilian has any business owning a military weapon in the first place. Crying because you cant have 13 rounds in your pistol but only 10 is, if you ask me, ridiculous. If you are going into a gun fight with a local drug cartel then you need a Uzi and not a pistol....

Db

Hmmm...and you shouldnt have a big house either, no extra rooms, cause that is just ridiculous.

You should only have enough land for your new, small house cause anything more, well, not necessary, therefore rediculous. :grouchy:

How bout cause you should be able to buy what you want with the money you earned.

Guest Astra900
than those others who want these items should care.I don`t and to tell you the truth i don`t think civilian has any business owning a military weapon in the first place. Crying because you cant have 13 rounds in your pistol but only 10 is, if you ask me, ridiculous.

Db

HUH? :foot:

Even if you feel that way, why would you say that out loud HERE? In and amongst all us nuts WHy not go on the Rosie O'donnel show to ban double stuff oreos, cause regular oreos is all you really need.:grouchy:

44m, how about I can own something simply because I want it. Can't own military weapons? How does that logic work? The revolvers you show in your avatar are based on military weapons. Why can't an honest citizen own a military weapon. I own several. Does that make me a threat to anyone?

What does the speedometer on your car max out at? Do you need to drive that fast? If not then why do you need it?

Honestly when someone on a pro-gun forum acts like an anti I get worried.

:foot::grouchy::up:

HUH? :foot:

Even if you feel that way, why would you say that out loud HERE? In and amongst all us nuts WHy not go on the Rosie O'donnel show to ban double stuff oreos, cause regular oreos is all you really need.:grouchy:

Not OREOs, the bland store brand is good enough.

Db

If they get "military rifles", military calibers would be the next logical step. But then again you don't need that .45 so you shouldn't cry over it.

The problem I have is they are not military rifles... they are semi-automatic rifles.

Shooting the same caliber as a .223 (I know, 5.56... but you get the point guys) bolt action. They are not full automatics, nor should they be confused with them.

As far as capacity is concerned... I disagree. What makes ten the "standard" all of a sudden? Why not 12? Double the capacity of a conventual revolver? While we're at it maybe S&W's 8-shot .357 magnum should not be allowed. That is extreme isn't it? For a revolver. :grouchy:

Who decides what is "necessary"? A federal agency? A local State Agency? An elected board or maybe an appointed one? Who should have the right to decide how many magazines I can own while we're at it? People who don't own guns and think I shouldn't? Or maybe a foundation? People who have never met me but are able to decide what is best for me and my family yet don't accept responsibility for their safety?

I have a better idea... let's just concentrate on the criminals first. Once our elected officials have a good grasp on that situation then they can come to talk to me about what I need and why. Until we reach that utopian society, and the moon is in the seven house, and Jupiter is aligned with Mars... I'll think I just sit on the porch and "cling to my guns and Religion" during these tough economic times. (IMHO)

Guest GLOCKGUY

Db

:grouchy::censored::foot::censored::up:

Guest Astra900

I have a better idea... let's just concentrate on the criminals first. (IMHO)

OHH COME ON! You know common sense; or anything that makes just a little sense, doesn't fly in the US.:grouchy:

"The Brady Bunch"..those are the ones we have to watch for, ....

Db

And you. The type of person that professes to love guns and shooting but thinks the type of firearms I want to own, collect and shoot is not worthy of protection because you don't care for them. I quess .... well just reread the other posts most are excellent.

Guest jackdog

To hell with it. If your a law abiding citizen in the united states than you should be able to own any damn firearm on the market. We really have no need for any restrictions, with the exception that all of our politicians are scared ****less about the firepower the American citizen has at his or her disposal. Let me rephrase not politicians but the ruling class. As to any member on this board advocating any sort of gun control, I think you need to rethink what the hell is going on in this country and with in our government. Here is a hint It is not a government for the people by the people.

Guest Schwarzgebrannt

Db

That 1911 looks nice and expensive. I don't see why you need to have it. Since I'm spending all the money I can hustle on an education, you should give me that military pistol, comrade.