Obama says that gun-owning Americans do not need to rush out and stock up

Guest colrmccoll

Guest ProguninTN

Obama says he believes in "common sense" laws. That alone warrants scrutiny and mistrust. I'll wager his idea of "common sense" and ours (the members of this forum) are not the same. :tough:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shadow12

All of you are missing the whole point to this, gun sales are through the roof. So when we(gun owners) pull the economy out of the crapper, the big O will get the credit.

I just can't believe that an anti gun president has had the biggest impact on people purchasing more guns and first time gun owners. No other president in history has cause gun sales to soar like he has. I would applaud him if I wasn't busy browing the net looking for good gun deals.......I know it's a lost cause, but a man has to hope.

• Administrator

It's seriously wishful thinking to believe that gun or gun-related purchases will pull our economy out of the toilet. The economy is in a death spiral and it's going to take a concerted effort from all industry sectors to avert a total collapse.

Right now there is a vicious cycle at work: Companies are laying off employees to "cut overhead". These displaced workers are filing for unemployment and overtaxing the unemployment system. They are losing their homes, which is further destroying the mortgage lending industry. They are losing their cars, which puts a burden on the banks and lenders. This also impacts the sale of new cars, which hurts automotive manufacturers and the industries that support them. These unemployed workers are also cutting back on their own spending, which kills the retail sector. Not to mention the negative impact it has on their individual credit ratings.

It goes on, and on, and on.

So no... buying more guns won't stimulate the economy. But that's never been a good reason to buy more guns anyway. :tough:

Guest tcampbell
than those others who want these items should care.I don`t and to tell you the truth i don`t think civilian has any business owning a military weapon in the first place. Crying because you cant have 13 rounds in your pistol but only 10 is, if you ask me, ridiculous. If you are going into a gun fight with a local drug cartel then you need a Uzi and not a pistol....

Db

you just don't get it do you...ths is about freedom and the 2nd admendment...if you don't want it...don't get it...but don't you dare tell me what I can and cannot have...it has nothing to do with 10 rounds or 13 rounds...it has everything to do with the 2nd admandment and our freedoms. IF you don't want 30 rd mags or an AR...then don't get one...but don't take away what I want.

I sure wished I had wrote down all the names of the fine upstanding fellows that I sold all my firearms to...that way I will be able to point the "gun grabbers" in the right direction when they come knocking on my door. I definitely want to do all I can to help in the "War of Legally Owned Firearms".

:tough:

Guest gooddealjunky

I read all the threads here and I don't recall anyone mentioning the Big O's plan for a National Police Agency. First he said 10,000 would do and then it changed to 20,000. What will these National Police be doing?

The history books tell us that Hitler created a National Police? Do you know what they were called and what their first order of business was? They were called the Gestapo and their most important function was to disarm the populous. After that was accomplished they started rounding up the Jew's and killing them.

I'm just putting this out there folks; do you think it's possible? I do! Not the killing but certainly gun confiscation.

Personally I think many, many law abiding citizens will at that point become criminals in the fight against a Government gone wrong.

I'm a retired LEO from good old Kalifornia now living in the great State of Colorado where guns owners still have rights. I love my Country but I feel for the first time in my life we cannot trust our own Government. I truly believe they are on the road to oppression by means of eliminating our Constitutional Rights. Once they are gone..."We The People" will never have the same meaning!

Bill

Not the killing but certainly gun confiscation.

I believe it is all very possible. I seriously doubt that in the late 1920's and early 1930's people could fathom that the Germans would round people up to simply exterminate them. The Russians did it as well. I do not see the USA being immune to this stuff should guns be banned and confiscated by force.

I believe it is all very possible. I seriously doubt that in the late 1920's and early 1930's people could fathom that the Germans would round people up to simply exterminate them. The Russians did it as well. I do not see the USA being immune to this stuff should guns be banned and confiscated by force.

;) Tin foil hats are gone my friends. We are not gently drifting down :P creek anymore. We have rounded the bend and are careening straight towards the diarrhea waterfall.

The government is not fighting for us, they are fighting against us. When the UN wants all guns gone and a world government, then we elect what people call "a global president", that gets me seriously worried.

The problem is not the antis though who have no real power to physically strip us of our rights. They can only legislate and then let us decide how to react. The problem is people like 44M. Sorry dude, but it's true.

The hunters and gun owners who say "You don't need that. Why do you need that? I don't mind a 3 day waiting period. Etc." These people are the balsa wood under a stone structure. They will relent and they will get on their knees. The reason is they don't understand what the 2nd amendment is about. This is why it's important for gun owners to see all aspects and sides. You cannot fight for a cause while arguing about parts of it and expect to prevail. We will fight as one or we will perish as many.

People should not be afraid of their Governments, Governments should be afraid of their People. That is what the 2nd amendment is about.

Guest HexHead
than those others who want these items should care.I don`t and to tell you the truth i don`t think civilian has any business owning a military weapon in the first place. Crying because you cant have 13 rounds in your pistol but only 10 is, if you ask me, ridiculous. If you are going into a gun fight with a local drug cartel then you need a Uzi and not a pistol....

Db

The 2nd amendment isn't about hunting, target shooting or firefights with drug cartels. It's about keeping the government in check. Yes, we DO need military style weapons to help us get real military weapons should the need arise.

I cant believe 44m actually made that statement....maybe someone stole his login? I dont think the government is going to start grabbing our guns because there are too many states that would outright threaten seccession for such an absurd act. Not too mention that citizens...most citizens know that once you give something up its gone for good....look at the poor Brits and what they have done to themselves with their gun bans...same thing in Australia too. I think if you need the hicap mags or want to make some money down the road buying a large amount would not be a bad thing. I was talking to an NFA dealer the other day that bought an allotment of 10,000 mil-surp 30rd'ers.

Guest m4coyote

I long for the good old days of being able to purchase a real Thompson at the local hardware - sporting goods store. Honest citizens never caused problems with these types of weapons, only the mob & various outlaws. Fortunately, the lawless types always met a justified end.

Weapon control in any form (short of nuclear, biological, or chemical weapons) is just an infringement of our 2nd amendment rights, and we need no FUDs or Liberals pretending to be on our side. Our government should have a real & true fear (read respect) of those it serves - otherwise, we are just subjects. That ideal is the way this great country was formed, and that is the way it should remain.

I read all the threads here and I don't recall anyone mentioning the Big O's plan for a National Police Agency. First he said 10,000 would do and then it changed to 20,000. What will these National Police be doing?

The history books tell us that Hitler created a National Police? Do you know what they were called and what their first order of business was? They were called the Gestapo and their most important function was to disarm the populous. After that was accomplished they started rounding up the Jew's and killing them.

I'm just putting this out there folks; do you think it's possible? I do! Not the killing but certainly gun confiscation.

Personally I think many, many law abiding citizens will at that point become criminals in the fight against a Government gone wrong.

I'm a retired LEO from good old Kalifornia now living in the great State of Colorado where guns owners still have rights. I love my Country but I feel for the first time in my life we cannot trust our own Government. I truly believe they are on the road to oppression by means of eliminating our Constitutional Rights. Once they are gone..."We The People" will never have the same meaning!

Bill

I am with you GDJ! I love my country but not the people in the Govt. I find it refreshing that a former LEO feels like I do in some respects.

Welcome to the TGO!

Db

You do realize that nearly all guns are military in origin? Heck even most bolt actions are based on Mausers and the like. The question is, what is it you need protection from? The answer to that will determine what guns you "need". Personally deer are not my biggest threat! :D

Your logic and reasoning is like a man who says he is a devote God fearing Christian, but doesn't believe in God.:screwy:

Guest TnDeerHunter

I would like to know what makes a weapon a military weapon? Does police departments using Glocks make a Glock a POLICE WEAPON? 44m I would like to know how you can back up your statments and still stand for the 2nd ammendment and the logic behind posting these comments on a gun owners sight although this is your right to do so and although most of us don't agree with you we do support this as your right to free speach. That being said it is also our right to own what ever weapon we choose and be able to own magazines that hold as many rounds as we want and not have to justify our purchases to you or anyone else. United we stand Divided we fall.