Sig Sauer P226r .40S&w like new for $450, $15 shipping

MountainDewed

Thought this seemed like a pretty nice deal. They also have them for very good for $490, I don't know if they mixed up the ad or there is something different for the more expensive one but I thought the "like new" would be more? I haven't really looked closely yet.

https://www.slickguns.com/product/sig-sauer-p226r-40sw-dak-night-sights-new-44999?bc=137751

https://www.slickguns.com/product/sig-sauer-p226r-40sw-night-sights-very-good-48999?bc=137751

The lower price on this one is for the DAK(Double Action Kellerman) trigger version. For some reason, these didn't get real popular with the general gun buying public.

It's basically a DAO(Double Action Only) pistol. Some liked it, some didn't. I've had 2 of them, so I guess I fall into the "didn't" category. There is nothing really wrong with them, it just depends on which trigger type you prefer.

Unless I misread the add that is.

Thanks, for the info HiPower.  Guess I'll be passing as a despise a DOA gun.  I've had a difficult time learning the differences in Sigs.  I never understood people that didn't understand Glocks as I always thought their model system was very straight forward, but with Sig it's model 226 and there's 100 different varieties within that model.

Thanks, for the info HiPower.  Guess I'll be passing as a despise a DOA gun.  I've had a difficult time learning the differences in Sigs.  I never understood people that didn't understand Glocks as I always thought their model system was very straight forward, but with Sig it's model 226 and there's 100 different varieties within that model.

I sort of agree with you on that, buddy. But I had one and it really isn't bad. I think, in my uninformed opinion, Sig's DAK trigger is meant to combine the safety advantages of a SA/DA pistol and have the short pull of a striker fired pistol. I may well be wrong in this, so I'm prepared to be schooled on it.

But the DAK guns are really nice to shoot. I just prefer the striker models that are so much more prevalent these days.

Now as far as Sig and their seemingly 100's of variants in each model...I hear and agree. It's almost impossible to keep up with them.

I've had a few Sigs, but don't seem to keep them. Mostly because of the size and weight. I know that is an advantage in firing a lot and keeping down recoil fatigue, but I just can't stay with them. Usually. lol

I do LOVE my Sig 1911's. I have 3 now and just can't part with them.  An RCS for carry. A Nightmare for looks. lol And a TacOps for home and range.

Not saying I don't like and have other brands, but the 1911 are really pretty awesome. JMO. lol

OK, sorry for the length. I do get carried away easily. As you all know from my rep and some meets.

• Like 1

These guns most likely are police trade-ins.  The prices are 'the going rate' for these guns and they are almost always available.

No need to do a conversion from .40 to 9mm, you can buy a 9 from the get go.

One note, most people don't like the DAK trigger, which is why those are the least expensive.

Watch these sites to get exactly what you want:

sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com

http://www.cdnnsports.com/

Neither of them have any 9mms right now, though probably will in the next month or so.

• Like 1
I would say without a doubt those are police trade ins. It is a very good deal but it's not uncommon to find them at that price. The DAK trigger is a love or hate type action. People that are not use to a da/sa Sig trigger often love the DAK as do those that are not used to firearms. The whole reason many of these departments have switched to the DAK is because so many times on an attack course or stress course officers hit the wrong lever to decock, or worse they holster a cocked handgun. It's a brilliant design and actually allows the gun to fire if someone is short stroking the trigger. It does take some getting used to though. The good news is the handgun is not stuck as a DAK; it can be converted, but it is not cost effective.

I would say without a doubt those are police trade ins. It is a very good deal but it's not uncommon to find them at that price. The DAK trigger is a love or hate type action. People that are not use to a da/sa Sig trigger often love the DAK as do those that are not used to firearms. The whole reason many of these departments have switched to the DAK is because so many times on an attack course or stress course officers hit the wrong lever to decock, or worse they holster a cocked handgun. It's a brilliant design and actually allows the gun to fire if someone is short stroking the trigger. It does take some getting used to though. The good news is the handgun is not stuck as a DAK; it can be converted, but it is not cost effective.

Yes, the CDNN add says they are police trade in guns. I've bought from them and gotten great condition. Once I paid for a better condition pick and when I received it, the pistol looked new and unfired.

And it was a 226 then too.

I have seen several agencies trade in Sigs that never got issued. I mean they still had the paper grip sleeve on them when they traded them. I know of a few guys issued duty weapons who just took them home and put them in a sock drawer because they preferred their own weapon too. Then you have guys like me that shoot the absolute living piss out of their duty weapons.
  • Like 1

Gentlemen,

I'm going to push back a little on the statements that the pricing in the original post is better than normally is available.  I used to follow pricing on these closely.  

The original post goes to CDNN.  Sportsman's, a different website, has the P226 DA/SA with three mags for $439.95.  

Another reason I'm making this point is that I have seen several times where folks have purchased P226's or P229's new, or used at a higher price, then found that they couldn't sell them without taking a major financial loss.