How many forum posters....(funny)

Guest goomba

this was on another forum I post at, and I thought some ya'll would enjoy this.

How many forum posters does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18
Did anyone think to check snopes about this...

Snopes is crap. Who fact checks Snopes? Nobody. They have a monopoly on the truth, and those that control the truth can bend it how they want. Anybody who uses Snopes is a brainless tool.

:)

This one is getting around fast. I have just opened it on two other forums.

Hmmm...seems like the was left out of the list. Cross posting from other forums or mention responses from another forum.

Also left out.

3 to start separate threads about the same light bulb without doing a search to see if there was a thread started already. :)

Guest Astra900

THe bulbs should be replaced with those florescent corkscrew looking bulbs, to save energy. THat way, we are doing our part to save our precious environment.

GO GREEN!!!:D:puke:;):puke::puke::puke:

In the original post:

this was on another forum I post at, and I thought some ya'll would enjoy this.

I hate to point out the obvious but the "t" in the first "this" should be capitalized as the first word of the sentence.

And just what does "some ya'll" mean? I would understand "some of ya'll" or just "ya'll" without the "some", but "some ya'll"? :D

Guest abailey362
was it a 40 watt or 60 watt light bulb

everyone knows that a 40 watt lightbulb is all you need to light a room, and in a self lighting situation, the DA could argue that a 60 watt light bulb was just overkill, and you were looking for someone to illuminate

btw...firefox says light bulb is two words

In the original post:

I hate to point out the obvious but the "t" in the first "this" should be capitalized as the first word of the sentence.

And just what does "some ya'll" mean? I would understand "some of ya'll" or just "ya'll" without the "some", but "some ya'll"? :D

Shouldn't the contraction of "you all" be "y'all" not "ya'll"?

everyone knows that a 40 watt lightbulb is all you need to light a room, and in a self lighting situation, the DA could argue that a 60 watt light bulb was just overkill, and you were looking for someone to illuminate

btw...firefox says light bulb is two words

You can't be serious... why would anyone want to use a little 40 watt lightbulb when a much more powerful 60 watt lightbulb is available? The 60 watt lightbulb is going to illuminate a much larger area than the 40 watt lightbulb.

As for the "overkill" if it is a clean illumination you shouldn’t have anything to worry about. It’s still a good idea to keep the number of a good electrician on hand in case you are ever in that situation.

Maybe some of our electricians will chime in...

Snopes is crap. Who fact checks Snopes? Nobody. They have a monopoly on the truth, and those that control the truth can bend it how they want. Anybody who uses Snopes is a brainless tool.

;)

Hey boy I been checking Snopes since since the invention of the internet. I'm a certified Snopes checker in 4 states. You're wrong, I'm right. Why? Because I'm certified. :bat:

Oh and this one time I was changing this lamp and I got it changed and then we had light. I'll never forget that.

:cop: