10 Navy sailors detained by Iran in Persian Gulf

They were doing an exercise off Farsi Island. They were River/SWC boats

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

There was an exercise that close to Farsi Island?!  I thought that's just where the Iranian navy ended up taking them.  Why not hold the exercises near one of the GCC countries? 

Just heard that the crew has been released which is good! I wonder if john Kerry had anything to do with the release (he served in Vietnam you know!)

According to Louie Gohmert (R-Tx), Kerry had everything to do with it--even their capture. 

http://www.weaselzippers.us/250610-wait-what-rep-gohmert-kerry-ash-carter-called-iran-to-help-when-u-s-sailors-boats-had-trouble/

I tend to agree with the representative.  Why didn't the operating boat pull along side of the stricken vessel while they were still in international waters, offload the crew and tow the boat back to base?  They were probably told to stand down while Kerry made the mea culpa call to the enemy for help.  In 1968, when the North Koreans hijacked the U.S.S. Pueblo, we had just finished a 30-day line period aboard the aircraft carrier Ranger off the coast of Vietnam and were called to steam up into the Sea of Japan for sword rattling off the coast of Korea.  The commies gave us the finger and kept the Pueblo crew for another 11 months while we tried to put on a good political face.  I really feel for those sailors that were captured then and now.  It's a military and national disgrace to shame them before the enemy like that.  No wonder the generals and admirals sat on their hands glaring at Obama during his comedy show last night.  It boils my blood to see this.

Edited by gun sane

The event itself is fishy to me, but the end resolution of it went about as well as can be expected. All sailors and the boats returned to us quickly. No bloodshed, not another war over something this petty, and no prolonged imprisonments. The Iranians ended up with the biggest win though. Their P.R. machine is probably working overtime to show how magnanimous they are and how the Great Satan apologized to them.

Edited by monkeylizard