The Reloaders Bench

thanks for that another question as it pertains to this does FFL Purchase Only mean that my LGS has to order a firearm for me or can i do it myself? i ask cause i called and a LGS and they said they dont order from SOG and that i have to order it myself and have it transferred in but everything i read on google says other wise, can someone here shed some light for me?

About 9 years ago they ordered my Marlin 1894 in 357. It showed up when they said and the transaction was perfectly normal. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. I have been shopping there for 10 years and have been happy with every interaction.

They taught me the basics of reloading right there in the store, and never once rushed me or made me feel stupid, even after many opportunities! I wholeheartedly support and recommend them.
  • Like 3
Most big online shops have popular FFLs on file. The Bench has been around so long I'm sure most retailers have their info. The transaction starts with the online retailer, and you tell them where you want the gun sent. As a courtesy I always call and let my transferring FFL know when a gun is inbound to them on my behalf. It just makes sense to me.

To be clear, the retailer shipping the gun out usually doesn't give a flip of you called your local FFL. They have your money and are sending the gun to the dealer listed on the form. That's all they care about.

I think it is $50 to do a transfer. That is what I recall from a year or so ago.

ouch, yeah im still confused about the whole buying over internet thing, thanks for all the info though!

EDIT found this on southern ohio gun 

Placing an online order:

Firearms ship to FFL HOLDERS Only! If you are not a FFL Holder, 
You will need to contact your local dealer to order. 

i contacted the dealer i wanted to use and they said they dont order and when i tried to order the one i wanted there was no option to put in the FFL info there

Edited by luke9511

ouch, yeah im still confused about the whole buying over internet thing, thanks for all the info though!

EDIT found this on southern ohio gun 

i contacted the dealer i wanted to use and they said they dont order and when i tried to order the one i wanted there was no option to put in the FFL info there

Most online works like this; You order what you want, pay for it and tell them where to ship.  The shipping address is your FFL, if they have the FFL on record then they just ship it, otherwise they will ask for the FFL info.  I used Tennessee gun country, I notified them that I was shipping them something, they took down my name and cell number and contacted me when it arrived.  Just be sure you enter your name and number on the order so it arrives at the FFL well marked or your FFL if they get busy, will have a hard time knowing who the item is for.

Many Local Gun Shops (LGS/FFL) work this way:  You order the gun you want from them, pay up front most times, then when it arrives they contact you to pick it up.  Some shop won't order anything unless its from their distributers, so you get whatever price they get plus markup tax and TICS.

The difference is this; sales online can be taken advantage of and usually no tax, but you have the FFL transfer fee which most times includes the TICS fee.  LGS orders you save on the transfer portion and pay sales tax and TICS.

Check with Guns N More.

They are a forum vendor and offer a discount for TGO members.

Good Folks, they have handled a couple of transfers for me.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ what he said guns & more they are good people Edited by raildog

Check with Guns N More.

They are a forum vendor and offer a discount for TGO members.

Good Folks, they have handled a couple of transfers for me.

Absolutely. We are very fortunate to have some great shops in TN! Edited by musicman