Law or ordinance on Air Guns?

SupaRice

11.12.080 - Discharging weapons.

A.

It is unlawful for any person to discharge or fire any firearm within the urban services district of the metropolitan government at any time, and within the general services district of the metropolitan government during the nighttime.

For the purposes of this section, the word "nighttime" means that period of time beginning thirty minutes after dusk and ending thirty minutes prior to sunrise.

B.

It shall further be unlawful for any person to fire or discharge any air gun or air pistol, spring gun or spring pistol, or other device or firearm which is calculated or intended to propel or project a bullet, pellet, air or similar projectile, whether propelled by spring, compressed air or gases, explosive or other force-producing means, within the urban services district of the metropolitan government.

C.

Notwithstanding any other provisions of this section, nothing in this section is intended to prohibit the discharge or firing of any firearms by anyone:

While in the lawful performance of duty as an officer of the law; or

Within a legally established shooting range or shooting gallery where precautions have been taken to insure the protection of human life and property; or

Lawfully engaged in hunting, as permitted by the state, upon any property located within the urban services district of the metropolitan government; or

Legally defending person or property.

(Ord. 99-1775 § 1, 1999; Amdt. 1 to Ord. 96-295, 6/4/96; Ord. 96-295 § 1, 1996)11.12.080 - Discharging weapons.

A.

It is unlawful for any person to discharge or fire any firearm within the urban services district of the metropolitan government at any time, and within the general services district of the metropolitan government during the nighttime.

For the purposes of this section, the word "nighttime" means that period of time beginning thirty minutes after dusk and ending thirty minutes prior to sunrise.

B.

It shall further be unlawful for any person to fire or discharge any air gun or air pistol, spring gun or spring pistol, or other device or firearm which is calculated or intended to propel or project a bullet, pellet, air or similar projectile, whether propelled by spring, compressed air or gases, explosive or other force-producing means, within the urban services district of the metropolitan government.

C.

Notwithstanding any other provisions of this section, nothing in this section is intended to prohibit the discharge or firing of any firearms by anyone:

Within a legally established shooting range or shooting gallery where precautions have been taken to insure the protection of human life and property; or

Lawfully engaged in hunting, as permitted by the state, upon any property located within the urban services district of the metropolitan government; or

(Ord. 99-1775 § 1, 1999; Amdt. 1 to Ord. 96-295, 6/4/96; Ord. 96-295 § 1, 1996)11.12.080 - Discharging weapons.

A.

B.

C.

A.

B.

C.

(Ord. 99-1775 § 1, 1999; Amdt. 1 to Ord. 96-295, 6/4/96; Ord. 96-295 § 1, 1996)

Whenever you run something like air guns and such like you were searching for check local ordinances for firearms as they are generally grouped into the same category.

Really? I had a past neighbor get all fired up over my shooting a Gammo air rifle in my back yard. Even threatened to call the local police station because I had a rifle out in public.

All over shooting pellets into a cardboard box stuffed with old phone books as backing.

Nothing ever came of it, and the "neighbor" moved away. Guess I was just too threatening to live by.

Now if one more would move, I'd be very happy. He's a flaming anti gun, anti Republican, anti conservative, card carrying believer in Al Gore and the like. And thinks Obama and Hillary are the best thing in the last 100 years.

He's not even visited the house since I had a Bush yard sign up years ago.

Oh...and LOVES our new mayor, Ms Barry.
  • Like 1

Really? I had a past neighbor get all fired up over my shooting a Gammo air rifle in my back yard. Even threatened to call the local police station because I had a rifle out in public.

All over shooting pellets into a cardboard box stuffed with old phone books as backing.

Nothing ever came of it, and the "neighbor" moved away. Guess I was just too threatening to live by.

Now if one more would move, I'd be very happy. He's a flaming anti gun, anti Republican, anti conservative, card carrying believer in Al Gore and the like. And thinks Obama and Hillary are the best thing in the last 100 years.

Think we could make him wet his pants if we had an oc demonstration in your front yard?

• Like 1

A misdemeanor ticket it's a civil offense so a fine. Do you live in the urban services district or general services? Odds are you live in the general services district unless you rich or in the ghetto.

If Metro picks up your garbage, you're in the Urban Services district. If you pay a private company (Waste Industries, Hudgins, etc.) then you're in the General Services district. Here's an exact map. Everything inside the red border is urban services. http://maps.nashville.gov/webimages/MapGallery/PDFMaps/2011%20Council%20Districts%20with%20USD.pdf

Edited by monkeylizard

Sounds like you need more signs, wish it would work for me at my house.

Don't ya just love nosy neighbors.  LOL