Range permits required on WMA's?

I was just looking through the TWRA regulations etc, and saw something that's news to me and I wondered if this is common knowledge here on the site.  On page 36 of the online regulations I see that a firing range permit is required now at many WMA's including Prentice Cooper here in the Chattanooga area. The permit must be bought at a TWRA licensing agent and is $5.50/2 hours.  I haven't shot up there in a couple of years or maybe even more, but it was free last time I was up there. Anyone know when this started?

I sure missed that discussion. Well, if they use the money well, I guess I have no problem. I do wonder how they will enforce the $5 for 2 hours permit though.

If a TWRA officer happens by when you're shooting and you don't have a permit, you get ticketed/fined/arrested/stuff confiscated....  

If a TWRA officer happens by when you're shooting and you don't have a permit, you get ticketed/fined/arrested/stuff confiscated....  

I understand, but I was actually thinking about the 2 hour time frame attached to the permit. I rarely shoot more than 30 or 45 minutes due to cost of ammo. I wonder if they have a time clock at the ranges?  LOL.

I missed that discussion, as well.  Ridiculous.  Everything about TN hunting/fishing/shooting regulations seems to be set up to discourage the 'common man' from doing so.  For instance, if I want to fish for trout in the Tellico river I have to buy a Tellico/Citico permit DESPITE the fact that in order to be legal I already had to buy a TN fishing license AND a state trout stamp.  Now we have to pay a fee to shoot at ranges that other fees we already pay supposedly paid for in the first place?

• Like 1