Is Pres. Elect Obama really anti gun?

dralarms

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The argument could also be made that the AWB has already started.

Think about it.

He gets elected, what's available gets sold and then there ARE NO MORE to be sold!

From my understanding the Supreme Court has already ruled that the 2nd ammendment includes firearms, right?

You're in the ball park. The Supreme Court Heller decision ruled that it is an individual right to own/possess firearms.

But, that vote was a 5-4 split, a little too close for most people, and you can look for Obama to appoint anti 2A Justices to the court in the future.

I agree that the most likely approach they will try is to tax the *%$#@&) out of ammunition to make it less affordable and convenient to shoot.

The good news, IMO, is that he's gonna be so busy with other matters in his first 2 years, he won't have time to go after the guns, and in the 2010 elections, the Republicans will make enough Congressional gains to stymie the efforts.

The argument could also be made that the AWB has already started.

Think about it.

He gets elected, what's available gets sold and then there ARE NO MORE to be sold!

But that's because suppliers can't keep up

well..when he drafts legislation to BAN all types of firearms permanently, will you THEN believe he's anti 2a?

with the democrats in control of congress you can just about put money on that one happening.

I kno whe is anti 2A, but I thought it was funny at the time.:D

I realize the thread is tongue in cheek, but we might as well ask if water is really wet.

Again I was trying to be funny, since we all know he is out to get us. But the gun stores in our area have been wall to wall, selling everything and anything that will go bang.:drool:

Guest GLOCKGUY
You're in the ball park. The Supreme Court Heller decision ruled that it is an individual right to own/possess firearms.

But, that vote was a 5-4 split, a little too close for most people, and you can look for Obama to appoint anti 2A Justices to the court in the future.

I agree that the most likely approach they will try is to tax the *%$#@&) out of ammunition to make it less affordable and convenient to shoot.

The good news, IMO, is that he's gonna be so busy with other matters in his first 2 years, he won't have time to go after the guns, and in the 2010 elections, the Republicans will make enough Congressional gains to stymie the efforts.

But if you will look the two that he will be appointing to the Supreme Court will not matter because the two that are going to retire are anti 2A Justices, both of them voted against Heller.

Edited by GLOCKGUY
Guest Astra900
Sorry DrAlarms..I was just going through the topics. I didn't realize it was you posting this. LOL!

:D:D

I guess it behooves me to look at who's doing the posting and grow a sense of humor where this is concerned...

I know CCA made BO their employee of the month...

:D

THe guys at the Reloaders Bench have a picture of BO on the wall that says "Salesman of the Month" :bowrofl:

Sorry DrAlarms..I was just going through the topics. I didn't realize it was you posting this. LOL!

:D:D

I guess it behooves me to look at who's doing the posting and grow a sense of humor where this is concerned...

I know CCA made BO their employee of the month...

:D

No problem, I was reading soem where 1 gun store sold 329 ar 15's from Jan to Nov 3rd, and then sold 1125 from Nov 4th to Dec 1st.:D

So that's where I got the question from, seems like business is booming.:bowrofl: