Hello All

Guest Fenris

Hi.

Been lurking for a few days. Thought I would post an intro thread.

I've been a shooter all my life. Mostly long guns. Avid hunter.

Usually had some sort of handgun. Used to have a CCW in my old state before I moved up here 13 years ago and didn't realize I could have transferred it. I am signed up for a Jan 17 CCW course as a late B'day present.

I am uneasy about carrying, because of the responsibility, etc. I'm told such feelings are normal and good because it means I'm carrying for the right reason--to protect my family.

As far as guns I currently own I have a Browning .22 Takedown which I love, a Winchester 30-30, Mosin Nagant 91/30 and a loaner Ithaca 12 gauge from my dad. My only handgun is a Colt King cobra that I traded a box of baseball cards for (story for another time), but in the past I've had a Ruger 9mm and a Walther PPK/S (hated to get rid of both of those guns!).

I look forward to continuing to read, and hopefully contribute to the discussions.

Edited by Fenris
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, many years ago my wife worked for a children's hospital. Someone donated some sports cards, but due to the policy of the hospital, those sorts of things couldn't be kept and the policy was to thank the person and throw the stuff away. My wife brought them home to me.

There was a rookie autographed Charles Woodson, some Cal Ripken Jr.'s, etc. All in all about 500 cards with about 20 or so worth $20 or more. I held on to them for years because I didn't feel like selling them individually on eBay, and no one would give me what I knew the box was worth at least (when you have a single card priced at $120 and the best offer from card stores was $40 for the whole box...:D)

So, last Christmas I took them home to give to a cousin of mine who collects. He wouldn't take them as a gift. I knew he would often buy guns from people who needed a quick buck (and then run the numbers through the local PD to make sure they weren't stolen) so I told him I was looking for something to keep in the nightstand.

He gave me the KC. He had found it in a burned out building he was going through when he was an EMT. It's got some fire damage, pitting, etc., but I have outshot semi's with that gun. His only stipulation was that if I ever decided to get rid of it, he got first crack at it.

• 2 weeks later...