Sig Nightmare .357SIG

CommsNBombs

Anyone have one or ever fired one?

Hell, has anyone ever SEEN one?

I just found out they existed last night, it is a damn nice looking 1911 and the fact I can own one in 357SIG takes the cake.

Just seeing if there any quirks about it since youtube and the internet was little to no help

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I have to ask why .357sig in a 1911?

.38super is a better fit for the 1911. 1911s run better with longer cartridges like .45acp, 10mm and .38super

I was going to type a giant justification using advanced metrics but the fact of the matter is simply I want one and like the 357Sig cartridge

I have a nightmare Also. As Hipower said shoots very well and is very accurate. This came as .45 and I Looked for .357 but could not find one, so stopped. But will start again as I think there available again.

Just for the record. I've got several sig 380, 9, 40, 357 and 45. I've never on any config have feeding problems. Very rare feed failure, never two in a row. Maybe I'm just fortunate. Edited by Luap

I was going to type a giant justification using advanced metrics but the fact of the matter is simply I want one and like the 357Sig cartridge

Well, if you get bored with the .357sig you could always easily convert it to .40S&W, so that's a plus...
  • Like 1
I thought the .357 sig was to equal the .357 mag for use in automatics. Stand corrected but the .40 cal is spin off of the 10mm?. The .357 sig case is a necked down .40 with a 9 mm projectile.

Interesting that engineering and testing can design a better mouse trap but the general public usually dives the "we like this one the best".

I thought the .357 sig was to equal the .357 mag for use in automatics. Stand corrected but the .40 cal is spin off of the 10mm?. The .357 sig case is a necked down .40 with a 9 mm projectile.

Interesting that engineering and testing can design a better mouse trap but the general public usually dives the "we like this one the best".

You are correct.

The 357SIG is "technically" a necked down .40 - but as per SAAMI specs it is slightly thicker to withstand higher pressures used to replicate 357MAG pressures

It's close to 357 mag if you stay under 125 grains. Never quite replicates it but it is close. It quickly falls behind in heavier weights.
  • Like 1

I love the .357 Sig round, but I gave it up when I got tired of spending more $$ every time I went to the range.  I personally believe(my opinion) that the .357 sig offers the best advantages of all the defensive rounds, but I personally feel that the increased training time that I get from shooting 40 will benefit me more than shooting the better round, less frequently.  My favorite platform for the .357 Sig is the Sig 229 Elite with the SRT trigger.  It is also coincidentally my favorite platform for 40 and 9mm.  I love that weapon.  I just got the Sig Extreme p224 in 40.  I love that little guy, too.

• Like 1