New York gun reform?

Just a hypothetical with a lot of issues still out there but............ could the Plaxico Burress situation be a case that is used to apply the new DC ruling in New York and push 2a? Of course that is assuming his permit status etc. Just a thought. He has the notoriaty, money, and urgency to be able to push this thing if he really wants to. He has the resources and nothing to lose by forcing the issues. I hope for freedom's sake he will.

BTW - I do think he was an idiot to get in this situation in the first place.

Glockbutt strikes again! Anyone catch it was a Glock .40!:D

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

man..that glockbutt really is a rough one to get over..

I would think that he'd actually have a decent carry system in place instead of a "tuck it in your pants and pray" type system.

that's just me though....

btw...what does this say about folks who carry Glocks? should their insurance premiums be higher? hmhmhmhmmh

Guest Revelator

There is absolutely no way that Burress could use the Heller decision as a defense. The Heller majority itself found that the individual right of gun ownership is subject to reasonable restrictions, and I think even they would say that New York's draconian permit system is such a restriction. This argument wouldn't fly for...well, a New York minute. D.C., remember, had an outright ban. Big difference (to the Court, at least) between that and a difficult permit process.

There is absolutely no way that Burress could use the Heller decision as a defense. The Heller majority itself found that the individual right of gun ownership is subject to reasonable restrictions, and I think even they would say that New York's draconian permit system is such a restriction. This argument wouldn't fly for...well, a New York minute. D.C., remember, had an outright ban. Big difference (to the Court, at least) between that and a difficult permit process.

+1

Remember, you still can't carry in D.C. and you have to get a permit simply to have a handgun in your house.

In fact I would say this situation has a chance of making things even worse for all of us.

I hope they prosecute the heck out of him. Totally irresponsible to be carrying a handgun like some gang banger wannabe. Into a night club on top of that.

If you want to carry in a bar go to Virginia and OC, or else get something small enough to deeply conceal.

He may well get some time in a striped suit.

Guest nraforlife

I can see it now Michael Vick going deep to Plaxico Burress in the US Penal League. All that fame and fortune, the ability to be positive role models but they couldn't get out of the gangsta mindset.