Sigrenade!

CommsNBombs

Though I am about to own a second Sig this is why I leave polymer framed handguns to the professionals - Glock.

This Sig 9mm P320 fired without the slide all the way forward on some pretty weak handloads and BANG

cba8ec0c139d01ca39850131a19547f6.jpg

My belief is if youre gonna own an ugly german gun it should be all steel.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Even a Glock will fail if it fires out of battery. Most higher end handguns are designed to make firing out of battery as close to impossible as is possible.

If you still have all your digits, call it a good day. It could have been much worse.

Lies and slander sir! Glocks dont fail!

I couldnt get my G30 to fire out of battery, guess it was a good thing.

Though I am about to own a second Sig this is why I leave polymer framed handguns to the professionals - Glock.

This Sig 9mm P320 fired without the slide all the way forward on some pretty weak handloads and BANG

cba8ec0c139d01ca39850131a19547f6.jpg

My belief is if youre gonna own an ugly german gun it should be all steel.

Maybe Jesus is punishing you for not using a 10mm. Just a thought.

Oh that wasnt my gun. It was off a reloading page on FB.

Ill be adding a 220 Super Match in 10mm eventually

I checked out new guns last night, there was a Sig that I actually found pleasing the eye. For once. But I refuse to pay for that when I can get 2 glocks. Just not practical in my mind.

I checked out new guns last night, there was a Sig that I actually found pleasing the eye. For once. But I refuse to pay for that when I can get 2 glocks. Just not practical in my mind.

Not at all. I traded for the ones I have. Trading for a P239 on Tuesday. But the P220 2 tone in 10mm with rosewood grips is damn pretty. Still trying to get a mil discount deal on one.

This talked me out of a P250 in 357Sig for sure

Ah well, the serial numbered frame chassis drops into the replaceable hand grip section, which is the part destroyed in the picture. I'd be much more interested in seeing pictures of any damage to the frame or barrel chamber as at this point it could be a defective or damaged polymer part. Polymer as a whole isn't the end all in reliability its claimed to be, although as a whole its pretty darned good enough.    

Heck...you can do that with a Glock..you just gotta try harder! :pleased:

I double charged a 45 acp...11.4 grs of Win 231 and destroyed my Glock 21. It was in the late 1990's. Bulged the barrel and slide, split the frame and blew the plastic off the trigger...and ejected my mag pretty hard. But I got my shot ! and no injuries!

Yes we handloaders should call it a good day when we have all our digits..because all it takes is a moment of focused inattention to do what I did. My fault alone... :cool:

Glock replaced my pistol btw...they knew it was a handload and wanted to examine the "remains". Good customer service imho.

• Like 2

Heck...you can do that with a Glock..you just gotta try harder! :pleased:

I double charged a 45 acp...11.4 grs of Win 231 and destroyed my Glock 21. It was in the late 1990's. Bulged the barrel and slide, split the frame and blew the plastic off the trigger...and ejected my mag pretty hard. But I got my shot ! and no injuries!

Yes we handloaders should call it a good day when we have all our digits..because all it takes is a moment of focused inattention to do what I did. My fault alone... :cool:

Glock replaced my pistol btw...they knew it was a handload and wanted to examine the "remains". Good customer service imho.

that was definitely Glock's fault.  Need to change your story.

• Like 2

Guys, I've actually seen this happen with a Walther P99, shooting Army issue Winchester ammo.  The end result looked much like the above picture.  I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't been standing next to the guy on the range when it happened.  Like a good tacticool guy, he was wearing gloves when it happened.  This isn't something that strictly happens to reloaders.

As per the FB post it was a handloaded 124gr under 4.1gr titegroup. (Which we all know can be wrong but he insisted he had a powder check on his 650).

The slide didnt fully lock into battery and he was able to fire it, the bottom of the brass blew out in two directions.

Hot load or not there is no way you should be able to fire out of battery with a highspeed expensive gun like a Sig. My Glocks wont fire out of battery. Neither will my cheap RIA 1911 or my VP9

Regardless of what caliber it was, you can greatly overcharge pretty much any case if you're using a really fast powder. (like titegroup, for instance) I'm not arguing whether this was a doublecharge, etc, just clarifying a point about powder and case volume.

Yes, some recipes will use a powder that nearly or completely fills a case. Some even will compress the powder charge. (H110 in 357 or 44 mag both do that under max loads with most bullet options)

However, that same case and bullet, when loaded with a fast powder will leave TONS of empty case volume. You can fit 4 charges' worth of TG in a 44 mag and throw a bullet on top if you were so inclined.

All of that to simply clarify that statements like "doesn't X caliber fill the case?" Aren't as simple as they seem.
  • Like 1