Took wife shopping today.. who has Glock 19 gen4??

Truckie

We hit up a few local shops  and it seems that, "as long as she likes it on a range day", we will be getting his and hers  Glock 19 Gen 4..

I qualify for the Blue label pricing  and I think that means I get 3 mags instead of 2... but what else comes in the box??

We are trying to figure out what else we need to buy.

thanks for your help

Well, all gen4 Glocks except the 42 and 43 will come with three magazines. The $398.xx Blue Label price includes standard plastic sights. Inside the clamshell case will be the firearm, 3 magazines, loader, lock, bore brush with rod, paperwork, and test fired cartridge.

Well, all gen4 Glocks except the 42 and 43 will come with three magazines. The $398.xx Blue Label price includes standard plastic sights. Inside the clamshell case will be the firearm, 3 magazines, loader, lock, bore brush with rod, paperwork, and test fired cartridge.

Yep. And if the pistol you purchase doesn't already have a good set of FO or Tritium sights installed have a set installed before you leave the store. The 4th gen G-19 is pretty much as good as it gets for overall size, price and magazine capacity.

Very good   thanks for the info.... kinda what I thought

went to blue label dealer today and they said $425 each  and on back order... filled out a form and he will call me when they come in hopefully in January???    said Fire dept ID was too basic,   so I will have to get a letter from the Chief....

told him I wanted 2 Viridian X5L w/ tacloc lasers and hearing protection a bunch of dummy rounds . (so she can be comfortable B4 we use any live rounds) 50 defensive rounds,  1000 FMJ rounds,  2  simple car safes , sv 500 safe $125  (maybe 2 for house), 2 CCW classes and looking at range membership... CASH ( Am I missing anything?  we are Noob's?)

he tried to talk me into 2- $250 hornaday safes, that open with a bracelet, for house... and to get streamlight rail light and laser.. and just seemed too busy  I guess my order is not as big of an order as I thought it was

wasn't a satisfying trip LOL  but he is only Blue label dealer listed in area  

not so much worried about $398  vs  $425... 

The fact that the guns are on back order til??? 

Glock didn't know they have the most popular gun like ever... ???  and made a ton of them  ... I think they had an idea they were popular ??? LOL

or is he trying to get me to buy the $549 guns  also telling me my ID is not detailed enough....

Glock website just says copy of Dept Issued ID... nothing about a chiefs letter

I really don't want to pay $549 for the earth brown frame/ black slide ones he does have... and said he can't discount them down

Is there anything I am forgetting on my list of stuff to buy?

It looks like I can get better online deals on safes , ears,and dummy rounds  maybe even the FMJ ammo

viridian laser/light looks to be about $379

You will be able to get better prices on everything but the gun online, a brick and mortar store simply can't compete with all of the online stores. IF you know what you want.

I'd recommend some night sights and holsters as well. I like Surefire the best for a weapon light, but Streamlight is good too. No experience with Viridian. Edited by nightrunner

I like the Viridian for green laser  and strobe light ability  and online customer reviews.. also they sell it with a TACLOC HOLSTER already made for the G19 with the light already on it  so would probably stick with that

not sure about  small car safes (but probably need one as can't carry at fire dept  or my  concert venue job either )

I like the gunvault SV500 for in the home   (might even mount one in the back of my F350 SC)

crossbreed looked like it had a nice  bedside holster set up for in the house

( I have other fire safes I can always lock away in If I need to )

Yes, GT's can sell to TN. They transfer to the pawn shop up the road and you follow them. It takes all of about ten minutes. The total price OTD is $452. You pay the cheap GA sales tax, $15 for the transfer, and the $10 TICS on top of the $398.20.

If you would rather travel to Knoxville Craig's is the Blue Label dealer for all of TN. It has been a long time since I bought a Glock from him, but it only works out to a few dollars cheaper.
Generally, there will only be one Blue Label distributor per state. Craig's has all of TN. Everyone else is a sub-dealer. That is why you see the $398.20 verses the $420.xx prices. To my understanding GA is an exception with Ed's Public Safety and GT's in the same state. Even more odd is that GT's can sell outside of the state within the region where others can not.

Thanks for all the info...

I ended up calling GT and they have plenty of stock..,

I drove down  (2.5 hrs) and purchased 2- G19 gen 4 with night sites $455 each... (My Fire ID was just fine by the way)

did the whole pawnshop down the road thing...

and  Tennessee has denied my purchase and I had to file an appeal. ( so  2.5hr ride back with lighter wallet and no guns...UGH)

I have  no convictions so either a  mis identity issue ( I have a common name and run into problems from stuff that was not me)

or the one time I was arrested and case retired, just has to be confirmed....

should not be an issue, as the state just ran full TBI check  with finger prints on me, and issued my security guard license... 30 days ago...

Stinks having to wait for an answer  and then have to drive back down and get pick up  or get money back...