Glock 43 Magazine Extensions

Has anybody tried the new Pearce +1 extensions for Glock 43 magazines?  Goes from 6+1 to 7+1.  I ordered a couple...much cheaper than the Taran Tactical models.  First, here is a shot of the Taran Tactical Extension...second photo shows the Pearce extension.

G43TT_zpsj5kqzwya.jpg

Glock43extension_zpssgfats0y.jpg

Edited by Bassoneer

I have one on my 43 and it functions fine, don't know about long term but I have had it a few months and shot about a box of 9mm with no issues.

Was going to get Strikeindustries EMP  + 2 extension rather than pearce but they have been unavailable for Months.

• Like 1

I have Pearce +2 on my G26 mags but got the Tartan +2 for my G43. Both types work with no problems. If Pearce made a +2 for the G43 I may of bought them, but I'm glad I bought the Tartan's, the price is high but worth it. IMHO

Pearce made of polymer and Tartan made of billet aluminum that's why the big cost difference.

Edited by crossfire

I don't own a G 43. But my bud has one and is running the Taran Tact's on it.

I've shot it a couple of times and love those suckers! The weight and length made a dramatic improvement in handling to me. Just my opinion...

I've run Pearce extensions on my G 26 and I've no problems with them.

I have seen the Pearce extensions rupture when ejected onto concrete during a class. But I've had aftermarket Glock mags and some older NDF Glock mags do the same.

6 of 1 ... half dozen of the other I guess.

But I do plan to grab a Tran Tactical + 6 extension for my G 17 nightstand gun.

I had a Pearce extension magazine extension fail when it fell on the concrete floor of my garage. It spilled Gold Dots all over. As a result, I no longer trust extensions. I do have an x-grip that allows me to get a nice grip on a 19 magazine in my 26, however.

that little lip on the Pearce extension drives me crazy, so I dremeled it off and covered up my hack job with Traction grips.  I'm pretty happy with it for the price, but I will still probably get a couple TTI +1's.  The TTI's are expensive, but it's amazing how little length the +1's add.

304B4D44-64B3-4321-905E-19A087A489D9_zps

I installed two Pearce +1 magazine extensions for my Glock 43 this morning.  Fit is perfect.  Was fairly easy to do thanks to YouTube.  I'll send lots of rounds downrange before I trust them for carrying, but they look good.  B

glock_43_mag_small_IMG_2889_00000003.jpg

glock_43_mag_small_IMG_2892_00000003.jpg

Edited by Bassoneer

I have a Pearce +1 grip extension on my G43 mag and no problems. Why pay more for a Taran +1 when the Pearce is less expensive.

I get what you're saying, but I can see the value in finely crafted/finished items made from premium materials that perform the same function as more crude, inexpensive tools that perform a similar task. The decision matrix simply comes down to available funds and what one is willing to give up to experience the premium item. It's why rich folks buy Ferraris. And trust me, if I were rich, I'd buy one or twelve. My S80 does the same job (transport) but I'd have a heckuva lot more fun transporting in a new 488! Edited by musicman
  • Like 1

I do prefer the way the Pearce grips look with the Glock.  They are the same style and material as the gun - same type of texture.  They just seem to look right.  The Tarans are reportedly very high quality, but they look like a big aluminum block under the gun (refer to first post for photo).  If one works and the other doesn't, then end of discussion.  Apparently the Tarans are very reliable.  I have not shot with the Pearce extensions yet, but I am predicting they do very well.  So more to come after I get to the range...B

The Pearce is no doubt the better value, but, to be fair, the pics in the first post show a Pearce +1 versus a TTI +2. The TTI +1 is barely bigger than the stock flush base plate. To me, that's what makes its worth having at least one TTI +1

Update:  I went to Bud's Gun Shop in Sevierville today and shot my Glock 43 with the Pearce +1 mag extensions.  I shot around 120 rounds of FMJ 115 grain, and then ran some 124 +P Speer Gold Dots to make sure they ran OK (about 60-70 rounds per magazine).  I experienced no problems or issues whatsoever with either magazine or with any ammo.  I even tried 7+1 and that ran fine also, so I currently have this little guy loaded with 8 rounds of 124+P Speer Gold Dots and feeling pretty good about them.  I can now say I do indeed recommend the Pearce +1 grip extensions. 

From Hickok45's videos I think he likes the Taran Tactical extensions like some of you guys. I had purchased one extra 6-round magazine to keep the original 6-round, non-extension magazine that came with the gun all original until I found out for sure that the Pearce extensions worked.  Now that I know they are going to work I may get a Taran Tactical magazine extension to try on the third magazine.  I may get the +2, so I would be carrying 9 rounds!  If I get one for comparison I'll post an update at that time.

I did happen to notice that my hand still doesn't quite fit on this thing even with the grip extension, lol.  I'm used to shooting the 642 without having the pinky engaged, so that's not an issue. B 

Edited by Bassoneer