What do you consider a bad day?

I realize there are so many people who are not as lucky as I am. So this is just typical girl complaining here but so far today, my favorite chicken died. Then on the way to help a friend I hit the FATTEST and cutest squirrel ever. When I get to friends house she loads her dog into my car. She's I heat so she can't ride with the other two to the vet. She POOPED in my Sequoia. It took me 25 minutes to get it semi-breathable.

This is the universe telling me to go home and hide isn't it?
  • Like 3

This is the universe telling me to go home and hide isn't it?

Yes, yes it is. Some days are just like that through no fault of your own. I am a retired stay at home dad. When my son, 4th grader, is in school I fill the roll of parent volunteer. I stay out of the class room as much as possible, but I run copies, laminate, cut projects for classes. I have also fallen into the roll of mister fix for the school. I fix and repair desks, pencil sharpeners, doors and all sorts of other stuff. I seem to have inherited the laminator, I change the rolls and maintain it. Last week I had it all sorts of jacked up. Took me 30 minutes to unfork my fork up. I went home after that. Stayed inside and didn't break anything else. :)

• Like 1

Yea, that day stunk, but look on the bright side; you have the makings for a good dinner :yum: ...too soon? 

No. Not too soon. I am learning that chickens just die. Or were you talking about the super lard-as$ squirrel? It get's even better. AFTER all that, I choose to ignore the warnings because I need to go get my RX's. I never run out but I did this time. Fought town traffic, kicked butt and parted lines to get to the pharmacy at Sams and then I brought Monkey dinner to work. Totally good change right? No.

On the way home I had a deer who felt the need to run out in front of me. Death comes in 3's right? It's like she knew I had a 10mm on board and could help her if the truck didn't do it. Not today deer, not today. I slammed on my breaks and avoided death. It's even more juicy after that but I need a big as$ glass of booze and that's calling my name at this point. 

On the bright side, I came home to a UPS box with 20 new PMags for the rifles. Yay. Now where did I leave the wine opener......

• Like 1

A death in the family, house burns, or you find out your child has a terminal disease. Most everything else is simply a bump in the road.

I consider the chicken death a death in the family. We are childless but our animals are treated like gold and she was my favorite chicken. Tears were shed. In the grand scheme I know it wasn't a bad day. In my "overly dramatic girl world" I lost a friend today. A friend who just sat on my lap and let me pet her and clucked cause she liked it.

Well you certainly didn't have a banner day that's for sure. laugh.gif

I did not sir! But I did get the mail out!  :up:  LOL Come hell or high water.

I love you for that. Sweet jesus if I wasn't 40 minutes into a hold time with the USPS I would have laughed even harder. I am so earning every drop of this bottle of wine. Speaking of crappy day, how'd the move go? You settled?

Mostly thanks, got my house on Tues, so no more living in a hotel, but I need to make a trip and haul all my stuff still and do a final clean up. Plus setting up utilities... I guess it's a work in progress for a while :rolleyes: working 6day weeks doesn't help any, but thankfully my employers have been great as far as getting me time I need to get settled.

I'm really stoked on the house though, it's the first time I've lived in a house since I swore off roommates and it's great to have so much space for all my activities.
  • Like 1

Mostly thanks, got my house on Tues, so no more living in a hotel, but I need to make a trip and haul all my stuff still and do a final clean up. Plus setting up utilities... I guess it's a work in progress for a while :rolleyes: working 6day weeks doesn't help any, but thankfully my employers have been great as far as getting me time I need to get settled.

I'm really stoked on the house though, it's the first time I've lived in a house since I swore off roommates and it's great to have so much space for all my activities.

That's how we were here at the new house. We didn't have roommates but we literally doubled in size on sq. footage. When I was in the bedroom at one end and Monkey was on the other end in the living room we decided on walkie talkies. Like 5 year olds. Space = Awesome. But sucks when it comes to being an adult and cleaning.

The best way to measure how bad your day is going is to consider how bad others have it. Then you'll feel lucky to be able to have the problems that you do. When trivial crap like this happens to me, I'm immediately thankful that I can have problems so trivial when I put it into perspective. I'd give some examples of actual bad days I've had, or bad days of those close to me, but I don't want to bring everyone down. Just be thankful that you can have these things happen to you and that you consider them a big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

So true K191145 that and the other one in 2012. In a word they SUCK!!!!!!!!!

MrsMonkey, when you find yourself without a corkscrew, a good decking screw and a pair of vice grips work nicely. We call that a redneck wine bottle opener. LOL

It's what I get for being "fancy" normally I just buy me that big ol box of Bighouse Sangria! ;)
  • Like 1

About 6wks ago I was airlifted to Vanderbilt from a motorcycle accident. While in the trauma unit in pretty bad shape I saw many others that where worse off and may still be there. It was a pretty bad day but very blessed to be alive and doing a ton better. Especially now I can eat again having your jaw wired shut for 5 weeks sucks lol. I thought each day of that was the worst.

• Like 1

If you think your having a bad day....go make a vist some afternoon to a chilrens cancer ward...spend a day there!

Also remember............... 'Every Day Above Ground ... Is A Good Day'

Just quoting this for a response when I have a few more minutes later in the day.
Short response is we are going to spend a day saying hi and thanks at Vanderbilt Children's in the next few weeks. We spent a while there during the first half of this year with my then 1 year old daughter(now two and healthy).
  • Like 3

If you think your having a bad day....go make a vist some afternoon to a chilrens cancer ward...spend a day there!

Also remember............... 'Every Day Above Ground ... Is A Good Day'

To some that would be a far beyond a bad day, we all have had them when a loved one dies or seriously injured. Now my bad day that Obama wins was a bad day for most of the country, that day has lasted 7 years now. There are degrees of bad days like, sucky day, bad day, horrible day and tragic day.

Bad day in 86.

Actually this was the 2nd day which wasn't as bad because I had Percocet for breakfast. 

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JMH42/media/scan0005_zps63fcfd20.jpg.html]scan0005_zps63fcfd20.jpg[/URL]

Edited by K191145
  • Like 1

Bad day in 86.
Actually this was the 2nd day which wasn't as bad because I had Percocet for breakfast.

scan0005_zps63fcfd20.jpg

Day 1 must have sucked. I've never banged my head that hard. (Yet). I am 1,000% accident prone. Hence the squirrel being hit and luckily I avoided the deer. I just happen to be driving the Toyota death trap right now. Still waiting on an airbag replacement.
  • Like 1