Seems Black Friday has claimed one life so far.

Guest GUTTERbOY

Guest GUTTERbOY

Wal-Mart worker was mobbed and trampled by customers rushing into the store this morning.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2008/11/28/2008-11-28_worker_dies_at_long_island_walmart_after.html

A Wal-Mart worker died after being trampled when hundreds of shoppers smashed through the doors of a Long Island store Friday morning, police and witnesses said.

The 34-year-old worker, employed as an overnight stock clerk, tried to hold back the unruly crowds just after the Valley Stream store opened at 5 a.m.

Witnesses said the surging throngs of shoppers knocked the man down. He fell and was stepped on. As he gasped for air, shoppers ran over and around him.

"He was bum-rushed by 200 people," said Jimmy Overby, 43, a co-worker. "They took the doors off the hinges. He was trampled and killed in front of me. They took me down too...I literally had to fight people off my back."

The unidentified victim was rushed to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 6:03 a.m., police said.

The cause of death was pending.

A 28-year-old pregnant woman was knocked to the floor during the mad rush. She was hospitalized for observation, police said.

Three other shoppers suffered minor injuries, cops said.

Before police shut down the store, eager shoppers streamed past emergency crews as they worked furiously to save the store clerk's life.

"They were working on him, but you could see he was dead, said Halcyon Alexander, 29. "People were still coming through."

Only a few stopped.

"They're savages," said shopper Kimberly Cribbs, 27. "It's sad. It's terrible."

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GUTTERbOY

I've had the experience of working retail (Dick's Sporting Goods) for three Black Fridays. It amazes me how rabid folks get over saving $20 on stuff, and it always peeved me that I'd have to arrive at work at 5 AM to sell them crap.

Still, I'm actually going to go out today. Sportsman's Warehouse has a decent deal on a gun cabinet, and I need to stop storing my rifles in available corners. But just waiting until the afternoon is enough to avoid the worst of the crowds. The nuttiest people are the ones trying to get the doorbuster deals; by mid-afternoon, things dull down to about the level of a busy weekend.

:)

Guest Verbal Kint
"They're savages," said shopper Kimberly Cribbs, 27. "It's sad. It's terrible."

Anything for a buck.

It's like dumping blood in a shark tank. And the thing that's almost as bad as that man being killed... none of those ignorant ****s will even think twice about what they did, or claim any responsibility.

:)

Guest Dean_JC78

There are not even any really good deals. Stuff that is either not on sale or just normal sale. Heck you can get matching prices if not better prices on most things at Amazon.com and beat the traffic.

Guest Verbal Kint
There are not even any really good deals. Stuff that is either not on sale or just normal sale. Heck you can get matching prices if not better prices on most things at Amazon.com and beat the traffic.

I've yet to EVER participate in Black Friday. No way in hell you're getting me out to with the morons of society, to dodge elbows and shopping carts with rude and careless people.

I do well enough normally not to beat the ever loving **** out of the people that stand in the middle of an aisle talking for 30 minutes, oblivious to everyone else around them trying to get past them, or people that can't control their demon children and allow them to run around like savages. I'll be damned if I'm going out, during the frenzied buying, when it's even worse.

I always finish my shopping before Thanksgiving rolls around, and pick up any last minute additions via the internet. Never had a problem yet, even with the big ticket items.

Guest Verbal Kint
just think what will happen when something happens and everything falls apart. look at katrine. look at some of the black outs that have happened. i just hope i have the mental capacity to do what ever the situation calls for.

I'm barricading myself inside, or on a roof, and picking ****ers off if need be. :D

I went out today but only for I guess some stuff I was gonna buy regardless I bought Sportsman's Warehouse out of Wolf I bought their last 280 rounds there was 380 sitting there but another guy came up and asked if I care if he got 100 and I wasn't wanting to break $100 on just ammo so I gladly obliged. I also picked up two very nice East German AK magazines.