I shot the 642

Guest TheBadLuckCharm

Guest TheBadLuckCharm

it is GREAT! and did not hurt anything like I expected

(though I did not shoot +P)

I shot about 120 rounds:

130gr (which was enjoyable)

148 gr reloads (which started to hurt after a while)

125gr reloads (which hurt the same as 148gr but at this point I was already sore)

I think with practice,I will just use the 130gr winchester

The sights are not good(at least not for me or 4 other people who shot it)

It was not very accurate after 7-10 yards. But for self defense it is a great weapon because I do not intend to defend myself from 10 yards away...

I did shoot a ss .357 with the 4" barrel with .38s.It was very accurate and felt like nothing.

I think I will shoot that the most as far as continuous target practice goes.

All in all I am happy with my purchase, and appreciate all of your help! Thanks everyone!

What do I clean this with???

Edited by TheBadLuckCharm
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Crunchman

"What do I clean this with???"

A stiff bristle nylon brush (like a toothbrush)dipped in your choice of solvent to get the residue off the inside of the frame, around the forcing cone, and the front of the cylinder. Brush and swab the barrel as normal. I use a boresnake or Otis cable to clean from the chamber end. Dry all the solvent off and lightly re-oil.

I am new to this,what kind of solvent? what about the alloy? Thanks!

Go to your gun shop, outdoors store, or wal-mart and buy a basic cleaning kit for a .38 if you don't have one. If you already have a basic kit just get a .38 caliber brush, some patches, and a bottle of Hoppes or Remoil, or any lubricating gun oil. Clean the barrel and the cylinder with the brush, wipe the excess with the patches and that's about it.