I have a wish....

Randall53

For a period of time, when I lived in a subdivision, we had a next door neighbor that was horrible.  Luckily he cheated on his common law wife, and the wheels fell off.  She moved to the west coast and he moved in with the other woman.  I was so happy!  Then I moved a few years later!  How ironic.

• Like 1

That's why I bought up the lots around my house, and the only neighbor I have did the same. There are just the two houses on the cul-de-sac and we each have a half interest in the lot that's between us. I didn't move to Tennessee to make friends or enemies, I moved here so people would leave me alone.

• Like 3

My problem ain't the neighbors I'm afraid. It's certain family members on the wife's side. I'm close to kick'n ass and take'n names. Why some people want to act like assholes all the time is beyond be.

Sounds like a great opportunity to be a witness and be the bigger person! Kill em with kindness my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My problem ain't the neighbors I'm afraid. It's certain family members on the wife's side. I'm close to kick'n ass and take'n names. Why some people want to act like assholes all the time is beyond be.

It's because they are assholes and their not acting. :2cents:

Edited by crossfire
  • Like 1

Sounds like a great opportunity to be a witness and be the bigger person! Kill em with kindness my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been doing that for a long time. Too long I believe because it ain't working. I think their too damn stupid. A person recently said: "I get tired of trying to help people. I think the word "need" just causes trouble." I answered with:  "Only when you put the word "YOU" in front of it..!!!" They said...."HUH?"  I said..."Never mind."

Family is defined a lot differently by a lot of people. Due to just not having time or energy to deal with the craziness I don't talk to mine. I know that sounds harsh but I have only had 1 cousin visit me at the new house. No one knows my address except for a cousin and her parents and I like it that way. If you can get past the emotional pain of cutting someone off life becomes easier and less dramatic. Which I like.

Granted there are two family members a lot closer I wish I could tell how I feel but they aren't mine and it would hurt a woman I love. My MIL. So I grin, bite my tongue and have a scorching case of TMJ. I'm still working on that one....
  • Like 2

I'm on the fence with going through a divorce because of that very thing right now actually. Can't deal with her family anymore...obviously a very long story.

But I understand what you are getting at.

Edited by tennesseetiger
  • Like 1

I pretty much have a decent life and have since my wife passed. Loved her to death but could not deal with her son (Stepson) at all. Major bum period. Stayed drunk most of the time. Once wife passed I threw him out along with dead beat wife. Have not spoke to them since funeral. Step daughter has been a great help to me but does not try to interfere in my life. My Son lives about 70 miles away and stays to busy working to even call but about 1 time a month. As for my neighbors, they tolerate me but don't say much to me over the 17+ years we have lived next to each other. I think a lot of that may have to do with I carry while around my house and out in my yard. I don't even know if they own a gun. Never asked, never thought it was any of my business. I have a few very close friends that stop in once in a while for coffee in the morning every couple days. I don't attend any family dinners like Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years. That caused an issue back about 1998 after wife died because I got invited to both homes for Thanksgiving that year and because I did go to either they both got offended so have not been to either since. They don't even ask me any more. Both just show up with left overs for me to freeze and eat when I get ready. Kasey loves left over............ :rofl: :rofl: 

• Like 4

No family problems but I sure would love to buy up 50+ acres and move the heck away from the burbs. 

I'd like to move my entire family out away from all the craziness.  I work from home.  All I need is an internet connection.  Just can't be so remote that I can't have utilities!

I could see a really nice berm on the property with an IDPA range.

• Like 3

No family problems but I sure would love to buy up 50+ acres and move the heck away from the burbs. 

I'd like to move my entire family out away from all the craziness.  I work from home.  All I need is an internet connection.  Just can't be so remote that I can't have utilities!

I could see a really nice berm on the property with an IDPA range.

That's pretty much my goal. I just need to find a job where I can work from home like that.
  • Like 1