a new holster for my wife

She travels down to Nashville several days a week to work, and After Paris she said that she would feel better if she could start carrying more often, so I got busy today cranking her a Dex holster, my sewing machine will arrive here in Tenn, of Tuesday and will take me a little while longer to get it all put back together and start to crank out some leather items as well. will be back in a few to post photos it is not done need to do the finish up work tomorrow.
  • Like 2
No I will post another photo later of the bottom, the guns trigger guard is exposed, however there will be a strut and belt clip installed on the front. The strut will sit just below the trigger guard area. Unless I miss understand your question.

While you're building this, you should check out my previous review here on TGO of the Ulticlip. So far, I've only used my Ulticlips on IWB holsters like the Alien Gear, but it should work well for your purpose. 

EDITED: Here's the link

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/92005-review-of-the-ulticlip-replacement-for-iwb-holsters/

Edited by jgradyc

Looks nice.  I'm guessing the split design keeps the retention force from being too high?  Just looking at how the kydex is formed over every feature, and looks pretty deep over the trigger guard makes me think it would be really difficult to draw if it wasn't split.  I need to lean on my wife to carry more regularly. 

Yes your correct I should have blocked out the trigger guard area, what I did after the fact was to take my heat pistola and heated and relieved the area just a bit. I wrnt to all the trouble of doing all that then she wanted it changed. But I am happy with the way it came out, that was done in a new taco press that I built. And yes my wife has recognized that the area she goes to in Nashville, Nolensville is somewhat questionable and wanted to be able to have it with her every time she goes down there.