Another Off Topic Vent

chipperi

:poop::(:wall::dirty::mad::down:;):stick:

When I got to work last night there was a letter from the CEO next to the time clock. There will be no Win-Share (bonus) payment this year! Packed with alot of BS phrases like " it pains me to write this" Yea right you will still get your 2,000,000 bonus!

It reminds me of National Lampoons Christmas when Clark got a Jelly of the month club subscription instead of his bonus!

Biggest Effing printing company on the planet and just before the holidays they screw us out of our yearly bonus, which for me is usually between 900 and 1000 dollars. So what it boils down to is " here is your $20 Food City gift card now shut the F up and get back to work!".

I hate working for a publicly traded company because you are nothing more than a dollar amount on a share, traded in a stock market that isn't worth a F.

So Ho F'n Ho the Christmas tree stays in the closet this year.

Edited by chipperi
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buddy be thankfull that you have a job . a lot of people are with out right now do to no fault of their own .times are hard right now if you hadn't noticed . Missing a Christmas bonus sucks but friend be thankfull that you still have a job . just my 2 cents

Yeah it stinks to think you are going to get something and then not get it it, but like has been said before - it could be a lot worse.

One of my jobs I got my salary cut in half and my second ..... well, I'm just thankful they haven't cut all the overtime. At least we're working.

Guest eyebedam
Buddy be thankfull that you have a job . a lot of people are with out right now do to no fault of their own .times are hard right now if you hadn't noticed . Missing a Christmas bonus sucks but friend be thankfull that you still have a job . just my 2 cents

+1. My company laid everyone but me & 1 other guy. Plus cancelled bonuses. I'm just glad I still have a job. The ones that were laid off have been unable to find employment. Just be glad your working.

Okay, now I'll be the devil's advocate.....;)

What you got was a shattered hope.

What you're not getting is a perk.

Keep in mind, Christmas bonus', paid vacation time, 401K, insurance, sick leave, free coffee, janitorial services, and sometimes a free parking spot are something an employer doesn't have to provide you. There's no law or written agreement, anywhere.

Your employer owes you nothing but a paycheck.

Keep in mind: Although, there are some people out there who may be getting a Christmas bonus this year, they're going to get laid off next year.

Be thankful you'll have a job that will carry you over into next year and maybe longer.

Tis' the Season, be thankful for what you do have....especially this Thursday...:stick:

:dirty:

Guest Revelator

I am self-employed so I don't have to worry about this kind of bs but that means also that I have a whole host of other problems to worry about. Life is a series of tradeoffs, and security is both relative and illusory.

Guest pjblurton

I agree with the previous posters Chipperi... I not going to sit here and say, well just be glad you have a job buddy, wait... I just did... never mind all that, cause I know you don't feel any better when you hear it.

My company gives out bonus' in July rather than Christmas. This years bonus was half what it was the year before (5k) and we were told up front not to expect anything (0) next year. But truth be told, I never counted on the ones I did get so missing one next year won't be such a huge deal for me.

I agree it sucks but with the upcoming administration, I suspect that it will get worse before it gets better.:dirty:

That does suck man....I learned long ago to never count on a bonus(this was when the economy was rockin and TC Nissan still screwed up my check). The operative word being BONUS. It would have been nice of the company to tell you a little bit more in advance though like October so you wouldnt have had it planned into your budget.

As someone who was just laid off, I can stand right with ya and confirm that not receiving your bonus absolutely sucks. But, as someone who was just laid off and I can also say what several others have said... it was a BONUS and they may be saving your job or at least trying to make it last longer by not giving it to you and your compadres. If the higher-ups still get some sort of worker-earned quota percentage, only because of the fruits of the little man's labor, then that may suck worst of all.

It's given me more time, but it's horrible timing; not just because its before Christmas, but for SO many other reasons, too. I was planning the rest of my life based on paying off some things during this time, before I'll be eating, breathing, sleeping Physical Therapy school next year.

Hang in there and tough it up. Give the gifts that count to your loved ones and hold on to them tight. Don't worry so much about the more expensive material wants. Have faith in tomorrow, whenever that may be.:dirty:

Guest bkelm18

Someday I hope to have a job that gives bonuses. :clap: But yeah, I agree with everyone, if by not giving you a bonus they are saving your jobs, I say it all works out in the end.

I work for the second largest wholesale flooring distributor in the country, and if they take away our Christmas bonus, I'll be out a whopping $50. That $50 would come in real handy these days, but like several others have said, I'm thankful for the job I do have.

I know losing a bonus like that really sucks, but do your best to imagine all the folks who are not only without a Christmas bonus, but are without a paycheck, too. Their Christmas is REALLY going to suck.

Guest sharpshooter01

Just learned yesterday that we lost our bonus, and we will be shut down the week after Thanksgiving so that management can figure out how many and who will be laid off when we come back to work. How would you like to be wondering if your going to be losing your job for over a week. I have been told I'm safe, but I won't believe that till after whatever happens, happens. Hate it for ya, but it could get alot worse.

Sorry to hear that bad news Sharpshooter, I hope that no one has to get laid off . I was told that I had nothing to worry about.Well if that had be a check it would had bounced. The big man's word is worthless . Boy's we all are in for a hell-a ride, hang on.

Guest colrmccoll

I mean not to minimize anyone's pain. This time of year people are very sensitive to a lot of events. I never worked for a company that had a bonus. But my point is that I determined to be debt free and was able to get there in my mid 40's.

That event changed my life. I found out how cheap one could actually live when there was no debt to retire.

Also, I was always grateful to be employed and worked two jobs most of my adult life.

The focus of Christmas is to be the Son of God and we celebrate that in our hearts.