You gota love a kids sense of humor

Guest jcramin

Guest jcramin

Well my daughter just turned 8 Nov 22nd and she already shoots rifles and pistols and has her own rifle and has gone to several gun classes. We are a shooting family and we all joke around about the ANTI's and the things they say.

Well this morning my wife played joke on me and took my carry gun out of my safe and hid it under a back pack on the kitchen counter. I walked in the kitchen and grabbed the back pack before I went to the safe and saw the gun and my wife said to my daughter WELL THAT BACKFIRED ON US.

Well I had to go out of the kitchen for something and the gun was on the counter still and my wife and daughter where still in the kitchen and I told my daughter to keep an eye in my gun, because you know guns kill people.

And with out even hesitating she laughs and says " NOT UNLESS PEOPLE PULL THE TRIGGER"

I guess I taught her well.

J

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tbreed725

great story thats the problem why so many kids are hurt now or people in general guns are like anything else they are not dangerous or accidental the person in the drivers seat is the danger.

Guest jcramin

I hope my story did not offend anyone because my wife and daughter played a joke on me with my carry gun which I may add never comes out of he holster except to be fired or cleaned. I got blasted on another board by a couple people who ignored the good part of the story and where very offended about playing a joke with a weapon.

I guess you just had to be there to know it was a safe and innocent joke and a very good response by an 8 year old.

Edited by jcramin
Well my daughter just turned 8 Nov 22nd and she already shoots rifles and pistols and has her own rifle and has gone to several gun classes. We are a shooting family and we all joke around about the ANTI's and the things they say.

Well this morning my wife played joke on me and took my carry gun out of my safe and hid it under a back pack on the kitchen counter. I walked in the kitchen and grabbed the back pack before I went to the safe and saw the gun and my wife said to my daughter WELL THAT BACKFIRED ON US.

Well I had to go out of the kitchen for something and the gun was on the counter still and my wife and daughter where still in the kitchen and I told my daughter to keep an eye in my gun, because you know guns kill people.

And with out even hesitating she laughs and says " NOT UNLESS PEOPLE PULL THE TRIGGER"

I guess I taught her well.

J

Education for kids is the key....curiosity is a dangerous thing when it comes to guns and children. My boys hunt, have there own weapons, go to the range with me to shoot handguns and they shoot them as well. They have the responsibility of cleaning their own weapons and keep them locked in our office. When you can tun their curiosity into respect...a job well done!

NOW that is funny

Once, (he is left handed, and the mag release had not been reversed), I removed his mag (it had already been released by him somhow) and carried it around with me all day. He didn't find it until he was taking his gun off for the evening. LOL. Now in all honesty he was with me all day long and his saftey was NOT comprimised.