MidwayUSA has lost my business

How did the story end? Just curious since I need to call them to complain about a few things.

Comcast thought I had to accept poor service at increasingly high prices. As a former customer, I gave them a different answer.

I'm a former customer of Midway as well.

Edited by tnhawk

I have HUGE reservations on both myself. If either turn out to be a lie, my wife will be so mad she might finally agree to change cable/internet companies :D

To who?  

Just fyi, TDS has a bunch of on demand stuff, and the DVR is a bazillion times better than comcast's.

Isn't TDS AT&T U-verse?
Why is their DVR better?
I've ordered from Midway a couple of times this year but they are never my first choice.

I ordered this year because they had the 10% off coupons that made it worthwhile. Their shipping costs are terrible but if you add anything from the free shipping pages it drastically cuts the shipping charge.

My last order I added a $5 Cold Steel paring knife and saved $10 on shipping. They have $2 free shipping items that can save you the same amount.
  • Like 1

Have ya all tried Graf and Sons for reloading stuff... I like Powder Valley too...

Hate ta hear the bad stuff about Midway... I've got "Midway" stamped brass from the long ago when Midway did what they said they would do...

leroy

Have ya all tried Graf and Sons for reloading stuff... I like Powder Valley too...

Hate ta hear the bad stuff about Midway... I've got "Midway" stamped brass from the long ago when Midway did what they said they would do...

leroy

I've always had great service & prices at Powder Valley, as well. They are sometimes behind in orders, but they tell you up front what they're shipping & when. You can decide from there.

• Like 1

Isn't TDS AT&T U-verse?
Why is their DVR better?

No. AT&T U-Verse is... uh... AT&T U-verse. Completely different company, completely different product. We may have gone with them, but U Verse is not available in our neighborhood for some reason.

More capacity than Comcast's box, smoother and faster operation, easier fast forward/reverse/scanning, can record more shows at a time, multi-room capability

Isn't MidSouth here in TN? If so, I'd have to add sales tax too.

MidSouth is located In Clarksville, and sales tax is added on. Off the shelf will be the same tho. Always figure the bottom line, regardless. That's where the money lies.

I buy many of my supplies from Midsouth, I pickup, so save on shipping and hazmat, even with taxes they are usually cheaper. And I have been lucky, I have stocked up on powder and primers from them. I usually wait until they have a hazmat item before I order the rest to make it worth it. I only order from Midway when I can't get it elsewhere, their UPS (or FedEx ?)/USPS handoff has made it for much longer ship times.

I"e had no problem finding primers in brick and mortar stores. Academy had an end shelf full yesterday when I was there. They also had 9mm and 45 boolits. Sportsmans had no shortage either a couple of weeks ago when I walked through the reloading dept. I wasn't buyng since I don't need anything and was enjoying the view. LOL! Are online prices really saving you that much money? Maybe I need to go online.

I've yet to ever find an online primer price that I couldn't beat within 1hr of me. I by them by the case (5,000) and usually buy multiple cases so that knocks the price down a bit I'm sure. I typically can get the between $20-$25 per thousand and pick them up when imgoing to be driving close by for other reasons or at a gun show that I was planning on going to anyways.